Farmers

Ditch Banger

Allot of farmers on the west side of Abitibi from north of La Sarre to Ville Marie. Anyone heard any news I am trying to decide on a trail pass early or wait it out

Lucie Charest

Company - Posted December 7, 2010 at 10:00

The movement of snowmobiles and ATV vehicles on farmland of the Abitibi-Témiscamingue is always compromised. (Photo archive)

Great drama, the Coalition for the Future of Agriculture in Timiskaming just lifted a ban on access to land for snowmobiles. The listening government and the community of their compatriots have tipped the balance in that direction.

"They were 5000 to support us during the Green March, said the president of the Coalition, Pierre Lavallée. They must make what they gave us. They fought for us, we can not shift in board and crush them. Also, we have very good reasons to believe that the government will give us the green light for projects of multifunctionality. Official announcements should be made within days. "

Mr. Lavallee personally committed to supporting the Snowmobile Club of Témiscamingue if producers insists on maintaining the refusal of access to snowmobilers. "The Coalition recommends opening up the land, but they are private owners, I can take time individually to explain our motives," he promised.

Relief

Randa Napky, CEO of Tourisme Abitibi-Témiscamingue heaved a sigh of relief when we taught him the news. "I trust the farmers Témiscamingue she said. Here, we are aware of their problems, but we hope that our industry whose benefits are $ 57 million remains healthy. We must never lose sight of the farmers we have developed a parallel economy, leaving us access to their land only on their good faith and generosity. It will require rethinking the models, whether tax credits or other, he must find a way to reward them. "

"We needed this new, welcomed Luc Bellehumeur, a businessman from Ville-Marie. I'm happy for everyone in this economy, we can not afford to lose any source of income. "

found that on a forum ,might help you !!

groomer !!!

Let's be clear here

A majority of farmers in Témiscamingue have joined the ''union paysanne'',a new union for the farmers (which has not been approved by the Gvt yet).The ''union paysanne'' is recommending to its members from Témiscamingue only , to put and end to the land blockade.

The problem is that these farmers are still member of the UPA which still wants to maintain from all its member the blockade.

This has been report on the french forum from a user in Amos,Québec.

So as far as i'm concerned....this boycott is still in effect.