st raymond !!

groomer

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/showConditionsSentiersClub?rid=12

hi gutz !!

found this.

read a few posts on the french forum ,posted between the dec 16 th and dec 20 th.there s a river going up laurentides reserve and the river is not frozen yet .

and somewhere around lac edouard ( latuque club ) some brooks were too high and not frozen yet.unable to groom .some places ,there was nt not enough snow yet.

maybe better call the st raymond club before going up there,just to make sure

groomer !!!

Just returned from riding with Scorpionbowl

Rivere St Anne is not frozen.

We needed to drive from Roquemont to town and cross the river by truck.

Then we dropped the sleds at the other side of the river at the trail. (relais Lessage)

23 to L'E tape AWESOME unreal for december.

Good day is an understatement. SWEET.

Hey Merry Christmas all

• 3 weeks later...

How are things looking now? I would like to make the run from roquemont to lac st jean any advice?

hi bob !!

just checked a few posts .

avoid starting from the roquemont ,not much snow and too rough.start from relais lesage,you ll save about 10 km of rough trail.

hebertville to mont apica ,good conditions -few rocks

alma area ,need more snow ,but conditions are good.

l etape was very nice.

posted within 2 days .

groomer !!!

Coldsmoke how was the ride where did you head? 23?

Thanks

we took 23 all the way to alma trail was just a little ice the first few miles out of st raymond after that there good

on the way back took 23 to 83 then 355 where there was a 20 miles that grommer broke down after that its all good 75 was good just ice in spots

Doable. First 4.7 miles out of St Raymond, ice and dirt, but ridable slowly. Next 15 miles ice and low snow, but ridable. After that, all good up 23 and across 83 to the HI.

How are things looking now? I would like to make the run from roquemont to lac st jean any advice?

have not done this section before but expecting to go this saturday, how much riding time should one budget for this run to the HI and where is the best place to gas up along the way?

Thanks

Mike

it will take a days ride get gas atletape

Left the HI at 9am this past Sunday, stopped at Mont Apica for gas and soup, stopped on the trail a few times, arrived in St Raymond at 2:30.

Mont Apica gas to St Raymond is 115 miles. If you can't go that far you'll need to stop in l'etape for gas (well marked intersection)

Not 100% sure but I believe there is an issue with right of way for TQ 3 Past Quebec City not far.You need to go up trail 23 to Le Tape then down 369 to get around then you can head for tadoussac on TQ 3 east.Like i said not 100% sure. Have not heard of anyone passing this way yet this year.Snow should not be an issue by next week.

Does anyone know if you can go from St. Raymond to Quebec City via trail 3 yet? We are leaving St. Raymond and heading to Tadoussac (trail 3) in a week...getting nervous about snow coverage.

we tryed from st foy on trail 3 its very bad i would not try it till they get a big storm

Does anyone know if you can go from St. Raymond to Quebec City via trail 3 yet? We are leaving St. Raymond and heading to Tadoussac (trail 3) in a week...getting nervous about snow coverage.

I posted on Trail Conditions 2011 that friends of mine rode from St Raymond to L'Etape, down 369 to Point a Pic, then from to there to the HI. See my post on that thread.

I posted on Trail Conditions 2011 that friends of mine rode from St Raymond to L'Etape, down 369 to Point a Pic, then from to there to the HI. See my post on that thread.

Yeah I saw that Bill. I was wondering from St. Raymond to Quebec City via 3. We won't have time to go up through L'Etape and back down to 3. I'm sure it will be fine in a week.

Has any one rode 73 up to lac edouard and then on to 355 to 83? This is also a real nice ride but haven't seen anything posted on it?

Came back down that way sat the 15th, fine until about 30 miles north of new trail trun to letape, groomer was brocken down on trail and 355 had not been groomed even once yet, pretty rough for that 30 miles, then plowed road into lac eduard