Secure Parking In St Raymond

Scranton1

Looks like we are going to launch our trip from St Raymond. In years past, have started at Motel Safari in Shawanigin, great place that embraces snowmobiling. Just cant justify a 20 to 25 dollar a day charge to park your vehicle..........this year espcially with the lack of snow in that area.

Could anyone make any recommmendations on secure parking in st ray.

Going to shoot up thru the park to the HI and improvise 1000 miles from there.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Scranton 1

Looks like we are going to launch our trip from St Raymond. In years past, have started at Motel Safari in Shawanigin, great place that embraces snowmobiling. Just cant justify a 20 to 25 dollar a day charge to park your vehicle..........this year espcially with the lack of snow in that area.

Could anyone make any recommmendations on secure parking in st ray.

Going to shoot up thru the park to the HI and improvise 1000 miles from there.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Scranton 1

I've left my truck at the Roqemont before, it's not secure but we pulled the fuel relays. Wasn't a secure feeling while we where gone. A great place to start from is Auberge Mekinak about 20 minutes past the exit for Motel Safari, right on the maurice river on 155. Free secure parking and bar and restaurant, Richard the owner speaks great english and was friends with Bernard. The 355 to the Lac St Jean area is right there, it's 100 miles by trail to Lac Edourd. I have his number if you want.

Edited by Jackstraw

agree on Richards place..........we actually started there two years ago. Wonderful Host!

Just a little tired of running 355 up to the HI. We have been to quebec every year for the last 15 or so and seem to miss out on the route from st ray up thru letape to jonquiere.

In our experience......355 could be hit or miss. If u hit it when they didn't groom for a while, it makes for a long ride. I believe one club grooms a very large portion on that trail.

Anyone hit 355 lately?

agree on Richards place..........we actually started there two years ago. Wonderful Host!

Just a little tired of running 355 up to the HI. We have been to quebec every year for the last 15 or so and seem to miss out on the route from st ray up thru letape to jonquiere.

In our experience......355 could be hit or miss. If u hit it when they didn't groom for a while, it makes for a long ride. I believe one club grooms a very large portion on that trail.

Anyone hit 355 lately?

When we leave from Richards, we usually get there around 2pm and just park the trucks, throw the saddlebags on and either ride to lac edourd, St. raymond, or Repos all 100 miles from richards place that evening. When we go up to LSJ we never come back the way we left, either up the 355 or 23 and back the other.

We have never had any problems with anything being parked at the Roquemont. They also offer the 10% AdmdQ member lodging discount. Have a great trip.

X2 here. We leave our vehicles there for a week at a time and never once have had or heard of any problems. Of course, Richard is a member of this blog I believe.