Gas in La Reine

revrnd

Does anyone know if there will be gas in La Reine this season? Lots of questions on the Ontario forums from folks wanting to run A105Q.

We rode from La Sarre (further east of La Reine) to Cochrane in '08 which is 114 miles/184 klicks. We filled up @ the Ultramar, the 1st station we saw on the east side of La Sarre (117 miles to Cochrane). La Reine to Cochrane is 93 miles (mileages confirmed by GPS).

No sign back then of any gas sales on trail along Lac Abitibi as there was years ago.

We had 2 500SS sleds, my 600 SDI & a carbed Apex. I don't recall anyone being shy on gas when we filled up @ the Esso in Cochrane. Trail had been groomed & we didn't exactly putt along. Mind you if you're pushing snow, your mileage may suffer.

Edited by revrnd

Does anyone know if there will be gas in La Reine this season? Lots of questions on the Ontario forums from folks wanting to run A105Q.

We rode from La Sarre (further east of La Reine) to Cochrane in '08 which is 114 miles/184 klicks. We filled up @ the Ultramar, the 1st station we saw on the east side of La Sarre (117 miles to Cochrane). La Reine to Cochrane is 93 miles (mileages confirmed by GPS).

No sign back then of any gas sales on trail along Lac Abitibi as there was years ago.

We had 2 500SS sleds, my 600 SDI & a carbed Apex. I don't recall anyone being shy on gas when we filled up @ the Esso in Cochrane. Trail had been groomed & we didn't exactly putt along. Mind you if you're pushing snow, your mileage may suffer.

We fueled in Dupuy [2009]just east of La Reine. SAQ on trail as well for after the ride!

Andy

Fuel N 48 49 .450 W 79 21 .493

We fueled in Dupuy [2009]just east of La Reine. SAQ on trail as well for after the ride!

Andy

Fuel N 48 49 .450 W 79 21 .493

Thanks. I remember passing thru Dupuy, but it's never been metioned as a gas stop.