Chaud Appal / Bas St Laurent

dkarwh

Just got back from a 900 miler in 4 days. Left St Victor to Beauceville to Saint Pamphile to Lac Del L'Est to Poheenagamook to Riviere Bleu to Clair to Fort Kent to Van Buren to Edmunston to Moose Valley to Bien Coup to Cabano to Pohenagamook to Lac Del L'Est to Saint Magliore to Lac Frontier to Saint Sabine to Lac Etchemin to Beauceville and back to Saint Victor. All trails except east and west of Lac Etchemin were a perfect 10, most without a sled track on them except ours. Also encountered a very dangerous condition on the trail from St Joseph to St Jacques. There was a high banked chute about 200 feet long on a steep down-hill which had a spring at the top feeding water down it and the entire thing was glare ice. Luckily no one was coming and rode it out to the bottom. Called the club and they were trying to come up with a fix for the week-end. Also appreciated the re-route to Beauceville on 75. Only thing is there is just about the same amount of trail on the road and the first warm-up we will be riding blacktop again (or dirt). Looks like they kind of exchanged routes and came up with the same thing.

NB, Maine and QC otherwise is open for business as usual. Normal Febuary conditions!! Feb 9 thru 12.

Karl

Thanks for your report Karl. Sounds like conditions around Cabano have improved because a little while ago someone posted that the area was junk. I think we are going to leave from the same area you did, go to RDL then to Amqui and ride the trails in Groomer's area. I don't see it being worth it to go to 595 and 597 in Gaspe since both those routes have problems this year. Too bad :o

Thanks for your report Karl. Sounds like conditions around Cabano have improved because a little while ago someone posted that the area was junk. I think we are going to leave from the same area you did, go to RDL then to Amqui and ride the trails in Groomer's area. I don't see it being worth it to go to 595 and 597 in Gaspe since both those routes have problems this year. Too bad :o

595 was great when i was up just have to deal with some plowed roads around the loging camp

595 was great when i was up just have to deal with some plowed roads around the loging camp

The weather report for the end of this week says 15 inches of snow for the area of outer and central peninsula as well as New Brunswick. Even though it is school vacation snow conditions should be perfect next week!!