St-Donat Trip Report

Je me souviens

Well I brought my girlfriend for her first Quebedor experience. We stayed at the Chalets St-Guillome nice place, fair price, the bonus is your own hot tub, a big plus when you have your woman with you. :drinks: We rode 160 miles day one, headed towards La Macaza for lunch, then back to the hot tub. :yahoo: Day two 130 miles, we headed through the park up to Black mountain so she could feed the birds, a new experience for her, met some people from California at the summit. We had lunch at Coin Lavigne, met up with our friends from Brewster and Florida, that we met the day before, he had some interesting pics of a guy that lost control of his sled a few minutes earlier. Spun out, hit a tree and the sled blew up. =@ Luckily the guy jumped off and only hurt his leg a little bit. I looked for the crash site on my way through, the only thing you could see is a small part of the snow bank missing and some scorched trees. Day three, 90 mile jaunt over to Lac Odelein camp site in the Reserve Faunique Rouge-Matawin, to my girlfriend's delight I found a bathroom in he woods for her, it was actually really nice. Then back to the chalet to pack up for the ride down 15 Sud with the idiot's on the highway. Never fails with the traffic right at St-Sauveur. I think they should re-name it St-Sauvage. :crazy: All told it was a great trip for the two of us. :good: Here are some pics. The burnt sled can be found on 63 between La Macaza and SMDS, it is not the wreckage I wrote about near Coin Lavigne.

Edited by Je me souviens

Glad you had a good time ! Sometimes a thaw does wonders to trails ! Smooths out the trails !

I know what you mean about the 15 sud ! During last sundays snowstorm it took me 3 hours to get home vs the 1 hour ! Still had idiots pushing me off the road in white out conditions ! Best to leave after 7pm on sundays !

Glad you had a good time ! Sometimes a thaw does wonders to trails ! Smooths out the trails !

I know what you mean about the 15 sud ! During last sundays snowstorm it took me 3 hours to get home vs the 1 hour ! Still had idiots pushing me off the road in white out conditions ! Best to leave after 7pm on sundays !

Last week end we left Mont Laurier in the storm 3.5 hrs home turned into 7hrs home.