Live from Yellowstone

We have arrived! Left the house in Vermont at 4:30am arrived at hotel here in Yellowstone Montana at 7:30pm EST. It was one long ass trip. Will be giving little updates as to the goings on here at the 2012 Snoot Shoot. Tech day tomorrow with all the manufactures making their presentations. Then 4 days of riding the 2012's.

worthless.gif

We have arrived! Left the house in Vermont at 4:30am arrived at hotel here in Yellowstone Montana at 7:30pm EST. It was one long ass trip. Will be giving little updates as to the goings on here at the 2012 Snoot Shoot. Tech day tomorrow with all the manufactures making their presentations. Then 4 days of riding the 2012's.

ThreadWorthless.jpg

Edited by markusvt

Thanks for all the notes. Yes I am a fortunate guy and I definetly feel it. An ordinary snowmobiler in an extrodinary situation. Between the hotel computer and a lack of tech skills, no photos. I'm sure that Markusvt is not at all surprised by this.

A day full of information for sure, with each of the manufacturers making their presentation. Most afirming, refining and expanding their current directions, while another making a bold move into the future. What I can not tell you, due to embargo agreements (that do not expire until the 10th) is a bunch. What I can tell you is the Cat loyalist will have something to cheer about and non Cat riders will experiance an unanticipated excitment and intrique in becoming a Cat rider. Wow! without a doubt by anyone here in attendance "The Cat is Back" Prepare to be dazzeled.

Tomorrow the riding begins and my day will be full with offerings from Polaris.

Photos and other comments on our Snow Shoot experience can be found on the admdq.org website and facebook page.

More tomorrow, thanks for reading

I'm thinking he is saying, we need a QR Group at next years SnowShoot!

So things are properly uploaded and sleds evaluated with a easternly perspective....

GutZ

Ok, I'm up for volenteering for the QR group, where do we sign up? Aything to help Greg out :rolleyes:

Day 1 riding was awesome, the mountains and views were incredible, snow and trails were great. Unfortunatly the photo thing still can't happen as far as any sleds go. Not allowed to release anything from this event until it is over and I definetly do not want to do anything that would screw up any possible return in the future. Rode 7 Polaris' today, all of their line up and the spring promotions are all on their website, but they still do not want anything coming out of here. Will try to add a few landscape and mountain photos tomorrow. This 50 year old is worn out at the end of the day. Excitment or elevation, I'm not sure which. Night night.

The last photo definetly did not come from me. 225 miles today, they want us to ride so I am riding the hell out of everything I get my hands on. Started the day with 800 e tecs in X and XRS versions, incredible. Played with the Apex, 1st time with EPS, it is awesome and now found on more of the Yami lineup. After lunch it was 2 way cool kittys (800 and 1100) and a phazer which was more fun than I would have ever imagined.

What an awesome time to be a snowmobiler! The continuing innovations, refinements and choices are incredible. I used to think that many of the snowmobile journalist were a bunch of ass kissers because they seem to like everything. Maybe they are not as I am finding myself in marvel at the majority of everything that I am able to experience. This is for sure, everyone of us needs to start saving in a hurry, because based on what I am seeing, we all need a new snowmobile sooner versus later.

It was overcast today with new snow, sorry no mountain photos today. I am trying to do the QR`s proud and come out of here being the mileage champ. Looking for 1st tracks again tomorrow. I love seeing the others heading to were I`ve already been. Photos pronouced safe can be found on the admdq.org site. Main page in a rotation, check them out. Later guys

[quote name='Greg du Vermont' date='05 March 2011 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1299383474' post='15858'

Photos pronouced safe can be found on the admdq.org site. Main page in a rotation, check them out.

Do you have a direct link Greg? Have been on the admdq.org site but can find nothing about photo's and no rotation on main page :pardon:

Thanks, Gary

Forget this Greg, just found it, its on the French site not the English <_<

Edited by SnomoGary

Greg,

Looks like a lot of fun, keep us posted as you have so far. I would love to see your pictures of the area, yes the sleds too, but I can wait for those to be released. The most intriguing part of the new R-Motion ski doo suspension is the ability to adjust the center shock with ease on the fly with gloves on, while the skid is packed with snow. Let me know how well this works, thanks

George

I checked the link on ADMDQ and your are the only one with a picture on there, you stud!

post-174-099232000 1299468983_thumb.jpgpost-174-099232000 1299468983_thumb.jpgpost-174-084220000 1299468859_thumb.jpgpost-174-065753300 1299468931_thumb.jpgDay 3, 1st tracks again. 10 sleds experienced and 241 miles. The guy at the pump just keeps smiling and filling us up. He said that they are pumping about 700 gallons per day. According to my calculations, I`m doing more than my fair share.

I`m keeping everything straight with notes, but my head is definetly starting to spin with all these sleds. Here is todays list.

GSX 800 E TEC, Vector EPS, Renegade Backcountry 800 E TEC, MXZX 600 E TEC R Motion, GSX 1200 and 5 impressive Cats that must remain nameless for a few more days. Incredible scenery today on one tour in particular, found myself saying OH MY at every turn. It was almost spiritual. Here is a photo. Keep checking the admdq.org site for more.

Edited by Greg du Vermont

OK, I talked to Greg to get the scoop.

Went like this:

Mark: How is is going?

Greg: Awesome, lot's of snow, great conditions.

Mark: Can you test in Quebec like conditions?

Greg: Yes, some of the trails are very Quebec like, both fresh groomed, and whooped out mogul field.

Mark: Have you tested all of the sleds yet?

Greg: Yes, and WOW have I learned a lot!

Mark: Can you pick a winner, for the way we ride?

Greg: It was not even close, one sled is hands down best.

Mark: In what regard?

Greg: Suspension, weight, power, all perfectly matched, a joy to ride in any conditions.

Mark: Tell me about the suspension.

Greg: Wait, my phone is beeping, battery going dead I think.

Mark: Cool, tell me about the suspension.

Greg: You can feel it working in all conditions, not harshness, nice, using full travel.

Mark: How is compared to the others.

Greg: I hate to say it, but makes all of the others feel like 2000 vintage, not 2012, there is a big difference.

Mark: Hum.

Greg: Wait, phone beeping again.

Mark: OK, before it dies, what is the sled you would want, cost no object, for the way we ride.

Greg: Easy choice, very, very easy, there is only one.

Mark: And it is?

Greg:

Mark: You you there?

Greg:

Mark: Can you hear me now?

Greg:

Mark: You SOB!

Greg:

dd7d.jpg

Edited by markusvt

Mark,

I am going to take a stab at the sled he wants. 1200 GSX SE, but I know he is a Yamaha man, so I could be far off, sounds like this AC secrecy is adding a lot of hype, I can't wait to hear more...

Greg, I love the pictures. Keep them coming. Now I am not sure what my top snowmobile vacation destination would be? Revelstoke or Yellowstone? It's a toss up.

Final day here at Snow Shoot 2012 in Yellowstone and another 6 sleds for a final 186 miles. 802 miles on the 4 days on 31 yes 31 different sleds. This Quebec Rider definetly set the high mileage mark. So much info to sift through. More photos are now on admdq.org and I will put up more personal shots when I return home. This has been a fantastic experience that I will never forget. Now for the long flight home. 1st flight goes at 7:20 and it`s a 2 hour drive from here, so an early rise for sure.

Yes, I have been a Yamaha rider for the past several years, but I am not a Yamaha man. My heart has always been BRP but I am definetly a brand whore who could easily be tempted by many of the sleds experienced here. Release info will begin to come fast an furious now that this event is finished. Most all have Snow check programs and Spring offerings that should not be missed. Let the decisions begin. Greg du Vermont.... out

Markusvt is definetly one of a kind, I`m proud to call him my friend.