Saint Raymond and the river

doo4adoo

Its my first time goung up this way and i was told that there is a River to cross and at this time of the year it maybe open. Any one have any recent knowledge of this and if it is open are there options to get back to the truck. We are looking to leave friday am and back sunday night. Was thinking of staying at the Roqemount? unless some one has better suggestions.

Thanks

Mike

Its my first time goung up this way and i was told that there is a River to cross and at this time of the year it maybe open. Any one have any recent knowledge of this and if it is open are there options to get back to the truck. We are looking to leave friday am and back sunday night. Was thinking of staying at the Roqemount? unless some one has better suggestions.

Thanks

Mike

Roqemount is a great place to stay, never had a problem there. As for the river, yes, it could be open by now. I cant speak for anyone else, but, whenever we came up to it

and it was open, we just hammer the throttle and skip across it. Now, we have never encountered it 100% open, but, 75% yes.

Roqemount is a great place to stay, never had a problem there. As for the river, yes, it could be open by now. I cant speak for anyone else, but, whenever we came up to it

and it was open, we just hammer the throttle and skip across it. Now, we have never encountered it 100% open, but, 75% yes.

We have also skipped across it in the spring, I don't think it's even that deep? :drinks:

I have skipped that river in the past. In the morning going up there was about 6" of water on top of the ice, upon our return in the afternoon there was at least 24" of water on top of ice. Just keep the momentum up and hammer it across. It the riviere St Anne.

"In the event of a water landing your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device"

And if you use a Spot locator we will track your corpse downstrean so we can recover it for your next of kin.

You can be next years poster boy for FCMQ on safe sledding

Just not smart no matter how many times you got lucky before,

Do you run a waterproof belt?

Keep on skippin skipper

• 6 months later...

There are several bridges to cross but they are down in town very far ride by sled on road from Roquemont. We have stayed at Roquemont then driven by truck down to the old relay across the river and left from there early and late in the season when the trail from the Roquemont is not open.If there is a better place to cross by sled from the motel we aint found it yet. Maybe there is.

Edited by iceman

i know this is a old post but isnt there a bridge for autos not very far from the roqemont that could be took on sled incase the river is open also i thought i seen a parking lot on the outher side?

Like Iceman said, it's not easy. You would be going through street lights and most of the downtown section. Performance Voyer can setup a truck to take you across. That crossing is definitely a problem, and should be addressed.