Guy Tried "Petting" a Moose!

vt_bluyamaha54

This picture was posted by a guy who was riding in northern Vermont. His group encountered a moose calf and when it ambled into the trail he stopped his snowmobile and tried to "pet" it on its nose when it lowered its head slighty. Amazingly he was unhurt and the sled had only a few scratches according to his story. I can't believe he didn't get a broken wrist/arm - or worse. Got to be one of the craziest things I have seen in awhile!

post-382-030891800 1300505154_thumb.jpg

hi vt_bluyamaha !!

woow !!this could have been dangerous !! just lucky the guy wear a ''full face '' helmet.a good kick from the moose with the front leg right on the ''nose '' and gone in the ''apples '' for a few mins.

a moose at 10' can be ''all smile '' ,but at 10 '' ,can be another story.look at ears how low they are.

groomer !!

Now that is a crazy picture! That reminds me of a time when I was in Shawinigan And I was doing about 60 down a wooded trail And a moose jumped right out on the trail. I slammed on the brakes, Slid sideways 10 feet from the Moose. I just froze thinking my life was over, Waiting for this thing to start kicking me. It just looked at me for about 5 seconds Which seems like a lot longer And it slowly just walked away! Definitely scare the shit out of me! Ever since then I go a lot slower And it has Save me many times from hitting deer.

Stan

I have said it before you cant't fix stupid. Scary to think this guy is riding a sled. That takes some serious decision making skills which this guy obviously lacks. Or he could be drunk. One or the other,   either one is proof of stupidity. "Here moosey mooosey!" rocket scientist for sure.

Edited by iceman

i was thinking about that.few years back ,a friend of mine ,first sled ride of the season,3 th week of december.he went to his camp with his brother( as a passenger ) and his uncle and maybe one more friend.

he saw a moose in the distance(darkness) .approched him.then decided to ''dodge '' the moose ,by snapping the throttle .moose turned around and hit my friend right in the neck with his antlers.he s brother knocked his jaw on the back of the helmet of his brother .

broke his jaw,lost most of his teeth.their uncle was following behind by a few mins .his nephew was dead or close when he arrived on the scene.can t remember all the story.not even a scratch on his sled.

his uncle is a good friend of mine and we never talked about that.but this is roughly what happened.

groomer !!!

hi vt_bluyamaha !!

woow !!this could have been dangerous !! just lucky the guy wear a ''full face '' helmet.a good kick from the moose with the front leg right on the ''nose '' and gone in the ''apples '' for a few mins.

a moose at 10' can be ''all smile '' ,but at 10 '' ,can be another story.look at ears how low they are.

groomer !!

When I saw the pic + story you are the first person I thought of! Glad you enjoyed it.

I remember you telling the story of your friend, brother + uncle. Very sad to go through life with that.

When I saw the pic + story you are the first person I thought of! Glad you enjoyed it.

I remember you telling the story of your friend, brother + uncle. Very sad to go through life with that.

the local trail i groom going up to the lake ,the ''uncle '' he owns a cabin there.always careful going up there when he travels at night.met him about 2 weeks ago coming back from the lake around 10 pm.moose jumped about 60 ' in front of the machine on my way up.took time to tell him where was the moose tracks on the trail.

thanks for sharing the pic !!

groomer !!!