Quebec Rider Winter Gathering 2012

Andyman

As we stood around in Franconia in July at the Summer Gathering the topic of having another winter gathering came up and it was quickly decided to have our second winter gathering. With the first one held at 100 Lacs near Parent we felt it would be nice to have a gathering where we might be able to catch a glimpse of the ever elusive Groomer so we have decided to have this years gathering in Groomers hometown Causapscal.

The motel is on the trail and is a very small sled friendly place with a restaurant across the street and they offer table d'hôte at the motel as well. The motel only has 19 units so if you decide to join us make a reservation early. The rates are very reasonable in the $60-$70 range.

Our plan is to meet on the Friday afternoon January 20 at Groomers clubhouse in Albertville 8 miles from the motel and have a bite to eat and a few laughs then off to the motel for the evenings festivities.

Saturday January 21 will find us doing a loop on Groomers tabletop TQ5 then another evening of laughs at the motel and Sunday morning will find us parting company with many happy memories.

So give it some thought and make plans for an early winter trip to the Gaspesie! Rumor has it you may even get to meet the famous Eddie Skidoo!

Andy

Motel Du Vallon

609 Rte 132 Ouest

Causapscal

Quebec

418-756-3433

866-519-3433

http://www.motelduvallon.com/index.html

Edited by smclelan

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be between 4 or 7 of us. See you on Jan 20.

That is awesome Bill! Looks like Groomer is going to have some company!!!

Andy

Ps:Maybe we can find that guy sitting with you and get him to come as well!

hi andy and all !!

for those who would like info about town or other things ,don t be shy to ask.it ll be my pleasure to do my best to help you !!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy

I can't wait to have our gathering in your town. I think we will have a great time and we all know what the trails will be like! :yahoo:

Andy

Jean-Guy

I can't wait to have our gathering in your town. I think we will have a great time and we all know what the trails will be like! :yahoo:

Andy

can t wait too !!i ll be very busy for sure during the week!!

saw your post last night ,then went to bed at 9 hrs pm.stress started to ''invade '' me,thinking about the gathering .if i slept 4 hrs last night.very good.woke up late this morning .tough day.completly ''burned ''today!!ha!!ha!!

great to see that coldsmoke ,saguenay bill + friends and smclelan are coming !!

jean-guy :drinks:

just called the motel we are all set :drinks:

Good move Coldsmoke I think we will have full house. We have a back up plan for rooms but no where near as convenient.

Andy

can t wait too !!i ll be very busy for sure during the week!!

saw your post last night ,then went to bed at 9 hrs pm.stress started to ''invade '' me,thinking about the gathering .if i slept 4 hrs last night.very good.woke up late this morning .tough day.completly ''burned ''today!!ha!!ha!!

great to see that coldsmoke ,saguenay bill + friends and smclelan are coming !!

Jean-Guy

I think you will know pretty well everyone,some of your many friends from QR!

Andy

I thought that was a given.

Right you are, Bill. I would not miss festivities of such magnatude! The chance to see so many snowamigos while riding Jean-Guy's TQ5 is something only a man overcome by sloth or listlesness would contemplate being a no-show.

I look forward to it, and for sure the Potatoe Brothers will be represented by Thaddeus "Pud" Stevens and myself. A couple of the other Potatoe derelicts might also be moved to attend a fest of such great significance. (we'll have to see if Fluffy or Rich might fire up their antique sleds).

Glad you are going to make the scene, Bill. And obviously, our friends from NS will lend dignity to the occassion, eh Steven?

Oh yeah; the du Vallon is a small hotel and should already be about full based on the response to Andyman's overture to put this together. Mayhaps Andy could post a list of other nearby lodging opportunities that he has uncovered??

timbo

Boy I gotta figure a way to make this...

Just called to make reservations for 1/ 20-21, the very nice lady said there are 13 rooms left...

She said is there a family party than weekend, she has been receiving a lot of calls and everyone is speaking english...

Edited by Phil 1

Boy I gotta figure a way to make this...

Just called to make reservations for 1/ 20-21, the very nice lady said there are 13 rooms left...

She said is there a family party than weekend, she has been receiving a lot of calls and everyone is speaking english...

LOL, Phil, We'll have to ensure we behave like a well mannered family while in residence; we don't want the good residents of Causapscal to think that Groomer hangs out with bad relatives.

Hope you can make it.

timbo

LOL, Phil, We'll have to ensure we behave like a well mannered family while in residence; we don't want the good residents of Causapscal to think that Groomer hangs out with bad relatives.

Hope you can make it.

timbo

I just got off the phone from the motel as I had to book another room for the FAMILY PARTY! :drinks: The lady at the motel was pumping me for info on who in her community was related to all these English speaking family members!!! I think we all need to grow beards so we can look like our brother!!! Too funny.

Andy

Pic of one of our sites we can visit on our ride.

Hope you can make it.

timbo

ha!!ha!!ha!!!

hi timbo !!

glad you can make with some of your ''potato brothers '' !!

jean-guy

I just got off the phone from the motel as I had to book another room for the FAMILY PARTY! :drinks: The lady at the motel was pumping me for info on who in her community was related to all these English speaking family members!!! I think we all need to grow beards so we can look like our brother!!! Too funny.

Andy

Pic of one of our sites we can visit on our ride.

ha!!ha!!ha!!

she's probably not use to have that much english phone calls in the same week!!

if you want to grow a beard ,better start now !!!i have mine since 79 !!!haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

btw,about an hr ago,met the waitress of the clubhouse for the first since my last run on april 2th at the grocery and told her about the gathering .she was all smile and happy for me!!!

ha!!ha!!ha!!

she's probably not use to have that much english phone calls in the same week!!

if you want to grow a beard ,better start now !!!i have mine since 79 !!!haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

btw,about an hr ago,met the waitress of the clubhouse for the first since my last run on april 2th at the grocery and told her about the gathering .she was all smile and happy for me!!!

Jean-Guy you can pass a message to the waitress for us that we are looking forward to seeing her big smile ! Yes right her smile! :good:

Andy

for those who are nt familiar with town.

if i can have the permission from the owner of the field ,i ll groom between point aaa and bbb.you ll save a few hundred feet on road 132 .

convenience store ( depanneur ) is 125 ' off tq 5 .i can groom to that place too ,just in case you could need something.

grocery is about 2 miles from the motel.

if i can find a car for myself ,i ll let you my truck in the parking ,just in case some would like to go to the grocery.

no ''donuts ', in the parking please !! ha!!ha!!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy you can pass a message to the waitress for us that we are looking forward to seeing her big smile ! Yes right her smile! :good:

Andy

no problems,if i meet her again.don t see her too often during the summer.

for sure i ll see her in december or january !!

jean-guy

Right you are, Bill. I would not miss festivities of such magnatude! The chance to see so many snowamigos while riding Jean-Guy's TQ5 is something only a man overcome by sloth or listlesness would contemplate being a no-show.

I look forward to it, and for sure the Potatoe Brothers will be represented by Thaddeus "Pud" Stevens and myself. A couple of the other Potatoe derelicts might also be moved to attend a fest of such great significance. (we'll have to see if Fluffy or Rich might fire up their antique sleds).

Glad you are going to make the scene, Bill. And obviously, our friends from NS will lend dignity to the occassion, eh Steven?

Oh yeah; the du Vallon is a small hotel and should already be about full based on the response to Andyman's overture to put this together. Mayhaps Andy could post a list of other nearby lodging opportunities that he has uncovered??

timbo

Ah yes Tim Nova Scotia will be well represented, in fact I had a confirmation of another dignitary today, "Dave The Tongue" will be joining this fine Quebec Rider Gathering!