Quebec Rider Winter Gathering 2012

Andyman

LOL A list of things to do??? That just hit me...of things to do lol. It better be all fun!! I don't do 'chores' lol

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bacon,eggs,home fries (no onion...just in case you run into the girl with the stuck zipper again, you won't want bad breath) oj, coffee.

And don't worry, I will put supper in the oven for when you get back as I will be out riding the snow!

:drinks:

ha!!ha!! greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat !!!

jean-guy

ha!!ha!! greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat !!!

jean-guy

Unless you are an Omlete guy, I am wicked with omletes!

Jeesh...is that french? OMLETE!! Look at this...I think I was speaking french!

Unless you are an Omlete guy, I am wicked with omletes!

Jeesh...is that french? OMLETE!! Look at this...I think I was speaking french!

ha!ha !! sort of !!!

not at all!!i rather like eggs than omelettes!!

jean-guy

wow this is getting to be a huge event i cant wait to see the long` line of sleds on the trail and pulling in to the club house we should make some kind of banner or flag to display i seen a club somewhere around st raymond that all the sleds had a small flag of there club waving attached to there left ski

just a thought

Yeah...like we're a bunch of diplomats. Cool

I have had a few messages this week about our 2012 Gathering. It looks like we are going to have a record crowd! I can't wait to see everyone in Jan!

Andy

Gaspesie? last year?

timbo

Gaspesie? last year?

timbo

Actually that picture was taken very close to my place here in NB. It was on the New Ireland Road in Albert County last January. NB provincial trail #34. There has been a lot of clear cut logging and when we have a storm with a strong wind fron the north this is the result. It didn't matter what brand they all got buried!

Andy

I know, I know, another Gaspe Trip Post, asking for Directions and Recommendations.

I think with my brothers "Soon to Arrive" new Snowmobiler (It's a Boy!), we have to move our Feb trip to January. So we might as well continue on around the Gaspe.

We are going to try and finialize the route later today. My first question is the Local Trail from about Relais LaCache to Murdochville, is it usable or all boondocking?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

GutZ

How many people do you think will attend?

How many people do you think will attend?

Hi Ray

I don't have an exact count because some are attending and bringing several others along who have yet be named so to speak! There are also a few local Nber's coming up as well. My best guess is in the 30-40 range. I do know the Vallon is full and there are people booked into the Auberge down the street. The Vallon has 19 rooms so God willing the weather God's will play along and we should have a great time.

Andy

I know, I know, another Gaspe Trip Post, asking for Directions and Recommendations.

I think with my brothers "Soon to Arrive" new Snowmobiler (It's a Boy!), we have to move our Feb trip to January. So we might as well continue on around the Gaspe.

We are going to try and finialize the route later today. My first question is the Local Trail from about Relais LaCache to Murdochville, is it usable or all boondocking?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

GutZ

Hi Gutz

The local trail is groomed and signed but not to TQ5 standards. On the west end near La Cache there are a number of clear cut areas that drift in and can be challenging but overall it is a beautiful trail not to be missed.

Andy

Pic was on this trail near Murdochville.

Hi Gutz

The local trail is groomed and signed but not to TQ5 standards. On the west end near La Cache there are a number of clear cut areas that drift in and can be challenging but overall it is a beautiful trail not to be missed.

Andy

Pic was on this trail near Murdochville.

Gutz

Andyman is not joking about the potential to "drift-in" as you go around the mountain tops about 20 miles north-east of La Cache. Last year when we went that route it was "long-trac" time. Thank goodness there were five of us to assist in the digging out. The trail is over forest roads and is generally well groomed; but if you travel it when there are strong west winds just after a big dump that hasn't set up yet, near the wide-open mountain crests be prepared for some excitement if you're on a 121".

It is indeed one of the most scenic rides in QC; and at its terminus, the captivating Coppertown.

timbo

Conditions can be as they have described, however I have gone through several times and it is table top perfect. I certian;y would recommend staying off that trail if there is a storm forecast or storming at the time, even with a GPS!

Gutz to give an idea what Steven is referring to when he says a storm being forecast. This pic was shot on the TQ5 last Jan. We had left Sainte Anne des Monts with about 5cm of new snow from an overnight dusting. As we climbed the hills south of town it became obvious that we were in for some fun!Because the St Lawrence river stays open all winter there is often a "sea effect snow event" found on the north side of the Gaspe. I don't have access to my other pics but I am sure you have seen shots of the School Bus in this area with huge amounts of snow on the roof! On this particular day we rode through so much powder that my throttle even stuck open and my heated visor was useless.

Andy

Ok guys,

This is the itinerary and places to stay for the trip After the winter gathering.

I can't count my brothers for a lot of input, other than "that looks cool".

So:

Down 5 to New Ricmond, Up 595 to La Cache, across to Murdochville, Down 597, all the way back around on 5 to RDL.

19th, Universal Hotel in Riviere du Loup. (leave Truck and Trailer for a week)

20th-22nd, Vallon in Causapsca

22nd, Hotel Le Francis in New Richmond

23rd, Hotel Cooper in Murdochville

24th, Auberge Motel Caribou, Riviere au Renard

25th, Hotel ala Brunante, Sainte Anne des Monts

26th, Back to the Universal.

Any suggestions on differant Hotels or Points of interest, etc...

I want to book it this weekend.

Thanks and I appreciate it.

GutZ

This sounds like it is going to be BLAST!!!

Sorry I can't be their....after being forced into retirement two years ago (@51)...I sold all my toys (Triton V-Noise, 1200 Renegade, 600 Renegade, 1000 Renegade.....I managed to keep my man card though), and bought a toy that I hope will make me some money. And yes I plan on getting back to Paradise (Quebec :) as soon as possible!

I can't wait to see the pics of the gathering, and "her smile"...

Have a safe great time everyone......

Groomer, My Dad still talks about your excellent hospitality taking the time to come a sit down and give us all the trail / places to check out info.

Bob

:drinks:

P.S. here is my new toy, 2012 Freightliner

post-53-0-09299500-1322804587_thumb.jpg

Edited by rfm

Ok guys,

This is the itinerary and places to stay for the trip After the winter gathering.

So:

Down 5 to New Ricmond, Up 595 to La Cache, across to Murdochville, Down 597, all the way back around on 5 to RDL.

GutZ

The only issue I see is booking everything in advance. The weather in the Gaspe is so unpredictable,also break downs. When we go we usually call ahead that morning or the night before and have never had a problem. I know Feb. is the busiest month. We always go at the end of March. Last March we did RDL to Cross Point, Murdochville, Riviere Madeline, Matane, RDL. I,ve done the Gaspe 4 times now and have never booked more than a day in advance. Good luck

Edited by Jackstraw

hi bob !!

glad to hear from you !!

well ,i guess if your dad still talking about me ,because he enjoyed his gaspesie trip !!good for him !!

helping others is a nice way to say welcome ,i guess !!

bonjour to your dad !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Ok guys,

So:

GutZ

Hi Gutz,

Not sure about that trail from La Cache to Murdochville "if they grome it all the time. look into that" ? Also check out the hotel in Cap-Chat "village Grande Nature chic-chocs it's really NICE instead of brunante :good: see you in January