Quebec Rider Winter Gathering 2012

Andyman

Thank you GROOMER! Thank you very much!!!! :drinks: Looking forward to meeting you as well. :yahoo:

Shane

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't look to good.

http://www.infomoton...n/condition.php

dont worry there yellow is better than the best trail u ever ridden on

they wont go green till every trail marking are putup it dont mean the trails are bad i have ben there plenty of tomes when it was perfect and the map showed defferent :good:

Thanks coldsmoke. I have only been to the Gaspe once and it was GREEN all the way.

Hi All

I just got home from the Gaspe. Smclelan myself and Stephen Wood from NS rode 3.5 days and did 816 miles. I will add a couple pictures and do a detailed ride report tomorrow. We had a ball and had some awesome riding. Can't wait for the Gathering!

Andy

post-14-0-97012400-1326064555_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-41788700-1326064576_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-58726300-1326064595_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-03641900-1326064618_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

We visited Groomer last week and he is looking forward to all of us visiting him and touring his famous trails. As it stands we will all be meeting at Groomers clubhouse in Albertville on Friday afternoon hopefully in the 3-4 pm range. The cook at the club is making up a special menu for us and we will have a choice of a couple of QuebecRider specials as well as the main menu. If the quality of the food is as good as our breakfast last Thursday it should be delicious. After dinner at the club we will make our way to the motels for the evening. We have a bus lined up for Saturday evening to take us to the clubhouse at a very reasonable cost. It is $150 return for the bus so divided by our group a minimal cost each.

Groomer has been following the numbers and we are 36 at this time so it should be a great Gathering. We can arrange for transportation Friday evening as well if a group wants to head back to the clubhouse. I will wait to see the interest before booking the Friday bus as I am sure there will be many of us who ride some big miles before showing up in Albertville.

Saturday morning the cook is coming in early to prepare a hearty breakfast at the clubhouse for us and then it is off to tour the countryside ending up back at the motels.The bus will pick us up and deliver us to the clubhouse for dinner and an evening of laughs and story telling. If we have some that want to head back to the motels early we can make arrangements for transportation.

I will be home until this Saturday the 14th then heading up to the Gaspe to go riding. Any questions drop a note. We will have trucks and trailers with us in case anyone runs into trouble and needs a hand.

Andy

Thanks for all the hard work Andy! I am looking forward to seeing you again. We are leaving for Lac Coulee Douce this coming Sunday or Monday. Is there any chance the bus can pick us up at our place next weekend for the festivities? Also, can either you or GROOMER provide us directions from Lac Coulee Douce to the clubhouse via trail? Perhaps we can ride together some next week? My cell is 518-281-7963 and my office 518-782-4086. Thanks so much!

Shane

Edited by Shane

Thanks for all the hard work Andy! I am looking forward to seeing you again. We are leaving for Lac Coulee Douce this coming Sunday or Monday. Is there any chance the bus can pick us up at our place next weekend for the festivities? Also, can either you or GROOMER provide us directions from Lac Coulee Douce to the clubhouse via trail? Perhaps we can ride together some next week? My cell is 518-281-7963 and my office 518-782-4086. Thanks so much!

Shane

hi shane !!

from the coulée douce ,you have 2 choices.

if you want to stay on tq 5 :

once at the tq 5 ,at the coulée douce sign ,turn left .you must take both cable bridges in town.first one about 2 miles from the auberge and the other one about 5 miles.in town you must watch the deers and there s a lot of curves.

the other option.once at the tq 5 ,turn right ,go for the bridge (map) you ll enter a field ,you ll see an exit for gas ,stay on tq 5 ,toward ste marguerite.you ll cross a little road ,climb a steep hill ,then gravel pit ,then 2 fields ,cross a road again ,then in a field ( pic ).there will be 2 houses on your left .

right in front of the second one ,turn right,shortcut for albertville.you ll cross road 132 ,then matapedia river ,up in some fields.then into a hydro power line.roughly 1.5 miles into the power line ,on top of a hill ,you ll arrive at the intersection of tq 5 ,coming from causapscal .turn left and go for the clubhouse.

pic from this morning ,you can see the second house behind the machine and the shortcut for albertville on the right.there s signage there.

jean-guy

Hi All,

Anybody no if i can ride out of RDL for the winter Gathering it sounds ok ? if so best way ? leaving on Jan. 18 first day of riding on 19 was thinking of going down 85 south and back up 569 north since I have some time to kill. any info ? thanks

Thanks CrazySnow

Shane

sorry shane ,i forgot !!

bus will go to the vallon and coulée douce to pick up members !!

jean-guy

Shane

Hi Shane

Do you have a GPS? If so I am going to put some waypoints here. The clubhouse sits right on the TQ5 in Albertville south of Amqui you can't miss it as it has a sled sticking out of the wall!!! As it stands we are heading to the Cote Nord for most of the week but if we are back early I will certainly call.

Andy

ALBERTVILle Clubhouse N48 19.466 W67 21.586

Auberge (la Coulee Douce)N48 21.171 W67 13.255

Je suis parti de chez moi hier matin. J'ai monter la 55, la 35, 526 un petit bout sur la 5, puis la 85 jusqu'à Cabano.

Effectivement, y'a pas trop épais de neige près de Rivière-du-Loup. Ce matin, nous sommes revenu par la 85, 544, 35, 557 et 55.

Les conditions sont en générales de bonnes à excellentes, excepté quelques petites portions de sentiers qui ne sont passables.

saturday morning ,guy left lac etchemin using 55-35-526 then a few miles on tq 5 ,then 85 to cabano.looks like there s not that much snow in r d l .

on his way back,he used 85-544-35-557 and 55 .

conditions from good to exellent.not sure what he wants to mean.except for some ''spots '' that are not passable or rough ????????

jean-guy

With all the buzz surrounding the winter gathering wouldn't it seem appropriate to award a prize to the group/rider who logs the most miles by sled getting to this well planned event. I think it would be very unlikely to see any of our trucks and trailers parked at groomers clubhouse. With all the mileage chasers attending it just seems fitting!

Just a thought.

With all the buzz surrounding the winter gathering wouldn't it seem appropriate to award a prize to the group/rider who logs the most miles by sled getting to this well planned event. I think it would be very unlikely to see any of our trucks and trailers parked at groomers clubhouse. With all the mileage chasers attending it just seems fitting!

Just a thought.

Good idea but we know who would win and that would be like insider trading on the markets!!! LOL

Andy

Off Topic, Kinda, But Good to know:

Yes i phonned at la cache and they are openned this winter for all the sevices.

Dale Fitzpatrick

Louise Comeau

Tourist Agent

Infomotoneige Gaspésie

May make life easier.

GutZ

Off Topic, Kinda, But Good to know:

Yes i phonned at la cache and they are openned this winter for all the sevices.

Dale Fitzpatrick

Louise Comeau

Tourist Agent

Infomotoneige Gaspésie

May make life easier.

GutZ

Thanks for finding that out Gutz !!!!!!:good: Much appreciated !!!!