Quebec Rider Winter Gathering 2012

Andyman

A few from the Gouin 2010

forgot about your last pic!!

bring back memories !!

''le georges '' was a place in amqui back in the 80's to see ''ballerines '' :lol::lol::lol:

right in between l' ambassadeur and the select hotel .

jean-guy

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is any one interested in heading up a few days earlier to do the loop? I would like to come and put some faces to the names that i keep reading about but would like to do some of the great trails in the area as it is a bit of a haul just for the weekend. Let me know if there is any interest as i would be on my own. Wife not intested and buddy unreliable. Thanks

Is any one interested in heading up a few days earlier to do the loop? I would like to come and put some faces to the names that i keep reading about but would like to do some of the great trails in the area as it is a bit of a haul just for the weekend. Let me know if there is any interest as i would be on my own. Wife not intested and buddy unreliable. Thanks

yes im riding in from maine a few days be 4 and wouldent mind riding a few days after sunday

Hi doo4adoo

Looks like I mite be on my own too wife doesn't like the

Cold and my buddy isn't reliable either would be nice to ride with Somebody I was thinking the same as coldsmoke 1 leaving from jackman Maine somewhere the trucks are safe.

Do you have a plan yet?

We are riding in from The Saguenay if you want to join us.

Hi doo4adoo

Looks like I mite be on my own too wife doesn't like the

Cold and my buddy isn't reliable either would be nice to ride with Somebody I was thinking the same as coldsmoke 1 leaving from jackman Maine somewhere the trucks are safe.

Do you have a plan yet?

I don't have a plan yet. Was waiting to see what opportunities may arise. I would have to look at the map to see where your trails will take you and possible meet up with you on the trail. In the perfect world i was thinking of starting the wednesday out of RDL and going downn the coast and cutting through to Murdockville and then up the center and into groomers area. Never been down the middle yet and that would allow good ttime to arrive for saturday and then depart back on the sunday to trucks. Let me know.

Bill thanks for the offer. I know it would be a fun run down from the Sagenay and crossing over to the Gaspe but i do that area later in the season.

doo4adoo

Right now my plan is to leave from jackman ME on thursday and get to RDL then on friday get to groomer's club house for some cold ones :drinks: with everybody then on saturday ride with the gang and sunday start heading back . It's still early lets see what happens

coldsmoke have you done this run before? How many miles to RDL if you know

doo4adoo

Right now my plan is to leave from jackman ME on thursday and get to RDL then on friday get to groomer's club house for some cold ones :drinks: with everybody then on saturday ride with the gang and sunday start heading back . It's still early lets see what happens

coldsmoke have you done this run before? How many miles to RDL if you know

yes i have done that run countless times depending what way u go its just under 300 miles to rdl if you want to ride up together just let me know

Cold smoke 1

Never did this run before so if your ok with me tagging Im in

Shoot me an email thinking of leavening from bishop motel what do you think ?

:rolleyes:

sounds great bishops is where i was starting from also so what do i think great minds think alike lmao

Groomer looks great Can't wait I hope we get alot of snow this year

love the pics

sure it looks great !!hoping too to have a lot of snow and the season will start early !!

first pic,operator brought me the gilbert at the ''school bus ''.shortcut to go to albertville !!

jean-guy

i e mailed a friend last sunday to ask him the permission to use his field to go to the motel.i was nt sure if he was still the owner.

so,no problems ,he gave me the ok last night.i ll groom between a and c.

jean-guy

That is great news Jean-Guy!

Andy

That is great news Jean-Guy!

Andy

hi andy !!

great news for sure !!

i ll add extra signs ,not to confuse other sledders and put 2 more '' stop '' sign.

first pic ,on top of the last hill before arriving to the road for lake casault, on my way to st alexandre.

p2 :on my way back from lac saumon ,roughly 1.5 miles before arriving to the st alexandre trail.

jean-guy

was there ever a trail or sign to this motel i cant place it

hi coldsmoke !!

last winter ,there was a bit of signage near road 132,but no trail.right at the point ''a '' there s always sled tracks there going to point ''c''

coming from albertville, at point ''d ''(signage) you can go to the mart/restaurant using that trail.not groomed.

better go to point ''a''...no bumps !!!

jean-guy

ok thanks for clearing that up for me i wish i knew the motel was there years ago most of the time i end up staying in amqui

bienvenue !!

if you want to stay there in the years to come ,there s a canteen right in front of the motel.used to go there to take my breakfast with smclelan.

jean-guy

• 3 weeks later...

Andy, love to attend. Met most of you at the HI over the years. Rode with Bill lots of times. Will try for Montmagney Wed night, Rimouski thursday night and meet up friday. Anyone else travelling on our time frame?? Long way from ontario for a weekend but should be fun. Booked two single rooms (no wigs needed) Looking forward to meeting all. Kevin

Edited by kmkm

Andy, love to attend. Met most of you at the HI over the years. Rode with Bill lots of times. Will try for Montmagney Wed night, Rimouski thursday night and meet up friday. Anyone else travelling on our time frame?? Long way from ontario for a weekend but should be fun. Booked two single rooms (no wigs needed) Looking forward to meeting all. Kevin

KMKM

Loook forward to seeing you and you are one of many coming a good distance!

Andy

Myself, brdgbldr85, and our friend Jerry are in! We had to book a room down the street at www.lacouleedouce.com as the host location is booked. We will be arriving on Monday, January 16th and riding Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I am from the Albany/Lake George, NY area, brdgbldr85 is from PA, and Jerry is from Long Island. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in January! :good::good: