collett communicators

SnomoGary

Heads Up guys - Just looked on Collett Communicator website and there is a note on there saying as of 6th Oct they are back in business! Apparently the bank had forclosed on them but they have bought the company back. They are offering an extended 1 year warrenty on all previous communicators sold. :good:

Gary

I have tried repeatedly to in touch with Collett with no success what is the story?

Story so far, we had a problem with one of our communicators last year and repeatedly tried to get in touch with them without success so eventually bought a set of Scala Riders to replace the Colletts. Never did manage to get in touch with them, and believe me we tried - phone & e-mail. They never did close down their website so I just kept checking it over the year. Last weekend I checked the web site and there is a message on the home page from Les Collett saying the bank had forclosed on them but that they hand managed to buy the business back and would be back in business from the 6th October.

I e-mailed them straight away reporting our broken unit and what could they do about it but as of yet I've had no reply from them. The message on home page also said they would give an extra years warranty to anyone who had a unit that was still in warranty when they were closed down on March 15th. Their Toll Free number is 1.855.222.3231

Hope this helps, if I dont hear from them in another week I will try giving them a call myself

Gary

Story so far, we had a problem with one of our communicators last year and repeatedly tried to get in touch with them without success so eventually bought a set of Scala Riders to replace the Colletts. Never did manage to get in touch with them, and believe me we tried - phone & e-mail. They never did close down their website so I just kept checking it over the year. Last weekend I checked the web site and there is a message on the home page from Les Collett saying the bank had forclosed on them but that they hand managed to buy the business back and would be back in business from the 6th October.

I e-mailed them straight away reporting our broken unit and what could they do about it but as of yet I've had no reply from them. The message on home page also said they would give an extra years warranty to anyone who had a unit that was still in warranty when they were closed down on March 15th. Their Toll Free number is 1.855.222.3231

Hope this helps, if I dont hear from them in another week I will try giving them a call myself

Gary

How do you like the scala riders. My wife and I would like to buy a communication set. Do they work well, how do they work on modular helmets. Any info would help.

How do you like the scala riders. My wife and I would like to buy a communication set. Do they work well, how do they work on modular helmets. Any info would help.

We bought the units for modular helmets. Haven't tried them out when snowmobling as yet but they fit on the helmets fine are half the size of the Colletts units.We uploaded the snowmoble software via the computer with minimal fuss so looking forward to trying them out.

Upside: no battery pack to carry,very easy to fit on helmets, slide out of their holders for removal, the sound clarity is not as transistory as the Colletts, you can Bluetooth phone and GPS to them.

Downside : Only 1 mile range (no problem for us as we are never more than that apart!) No groomer warning beeper.

Have to say any questions we had before we bought them Scala were more than helpful in answering and gave us a 30 day return should we not like them. For us the big bonus is that we could buy them in the U.K. and get them repaired here should we need to.

Any more questions PM me.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Where is collett?????????????

MCCDOO

Their address is coming up as:

12-449 Main Street

Oakbank, MB Canada

R0E 1J2

from their website, which is a different address from their original one in Winnipeg.

I still have not had a reply from them having e-mailed 3 times since I posted the thread. I also notice on their website now that they have changed their start up date from the 6th October to Thursday 18th October, the 18th October is a Tuesday ! So that doesent bode well!!!

I've also noticed on the DooTalk forum that many people are having the same problem still trying to get hold of them - one guy actually got Les Collett's cell phone number and rang him and said he was very convincing that all was well and that they will be up and running with a new toll free number soon - the old number is still on their website tho.

So your guess is as good as mine as to what's happening with them :nea:

Gary

Collett is now open ........

Bril were off to florida tomorrow so plan to post communicator back to them later this week. fingers crossed we will get it repaired. Gary :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Just recieved my new chargers, I won't need to borrow any this year.

They are back in business.

Later

GutZ

Really pleased for you GutZ, sadly our retured unit would appear to have gone walkabout somewhere between Florida (posted it while we were there on holiday in November) and Collett's, as they say it has not arrived - looks like we won't being getting that back repaired or not :(

Hope to see you and the brothers at the HI in February

Gary

Gary

How did you send them, Canadian Post has a tendancy to be slow. They shipped mine to me on the 25th of Nov. I just recieved them. Customs can be tricky. What was the return address? Where were they shipped from, it may have looked odd if the to and from and return all point to 3 differant countries. So maybe it is held up in inspection.

See you in Feb!

GutZ

Gary

How did you send them, Canadian Post has a tendancy to be slow. They shipped mine to me on the 25th of Nov. I just recieved them. Customs can be tricky. What was the return address? Where were they shipped from, it may have looked odd if the to and from and return all point to 3 differant countries. So maybe it is held up in inspection.

See you in Feb!

GutZ

Gutz

Sent them U.S. Priority Mail on 9th November from Florida with Bill's address as return address (he said that would be ok)they did say in the post office that they could only guanrantee them to the boarder! We did have a tracking number but it got lost unfortunately. We have a receipt for the actual transaction so Pat may ring the P.O. in Florida in the hope they may be able to help. Luckily we bought Scala Rider units to use next year, the only downside to them is that we won't be able to comunicate with 182Ray when we're out with him - come to think of it perhaps thats not so bad afer all :)

Only joking Ray if your reading this !

Gary

Edited by SnomoGary

Gutz

Sent them U.S. Priority Mail on 9th November from Florida with Bill's address as return address (he said that would be ok)they did say in the post office that they could only guanrantee them to the boarder! We did have a tracking number but it got lost unfortunately. We have a receipt for the actual transaction so Pat may ring the P.O. in Florida in the hope they may be able to help. Luckily we bought Scala Rider units to use next year, the only downside to them is that we won't be able to comunicate with 182Ray when we're out with him - come to think of it perhaps thats not so bad afer all :)

Only joking Ray if your reading this !

Gary

I'll remember that when the British accent coming over the tele is BEGGING for a pee stop! haha