Fuel for Diesel Truck

BERNARD

Try to make shure your truck is almost empty,Before you cross the Border, After you cross Border fill it up. The reason for this is Canadian fuel is good for 50 Below zero. I have seen many U.S. trucks that will not start. I understand it is more expensive. However it could cost you a lot more. :drinks:

Some other advise for US guys, with gas motors going to Quebec. Be sure to change your oil and add 5w-30 oil. Guys come up with 10-30 oil in them and then when it's -30F they won't start. Also add dry gas when you leave home and add again when you gas up in Quebec. At least every year there are 2 to 3 guys who don't do this and they end up spending an extra day getting there trucks squared away. They ain't ridin while this is going on either. Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A word to the wise is sufficient.

Some other advise for US guys, with gas motors going to Quebec. Be sure to change your oil and add 5w-30 oil. Guys come up with 10-30 oil in them and then when it's -30F they won't start. Also add dry gas when you leave home and add again when you gas up in Quebec. At least every year there are 2 to 3 guys who don't do this and they end up spending an extra day getting there trucks squared away. They ain't ridin while this is going on either. Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A word to the wise is sufficient.

It seems that you live here Bill! :lol:

Also add dry gas in your seld!

I agree with all her says! Our climate is unfortunately Hard in winter ..... But so beautiful! !

just make sure you have the right kind of anti gel stuff in your truck. you will be find. only ever had the truck gel up twice in the 13 years ive been going up. oh and if you own a cummins they usually start up! ha.

If you have a cummins you better plug it in, and also bring a booster pack, They only have one Battery. That was good advice. (BILL).

I think most vehicles built over the last several years now run 5-30 wt oil all season round. Excellent advice about the dry gas...had it happen to me one year filling up at a less than local station...must of ended up with a load of water..i didn't think i needed any dry gas at the time. Next morning it was -30...trucks fuel line was frozen solid and refused to start. Spent an extra hour or so trying to thaw it out with a bullet heater.

One time when I went to Shawinigan, I filled my truck up with gas and added dry and gas before I parked it for our 3 day saddle bag trip.

Got back loaded the sled and headed home. The truck had a 4.6 in it and it got good fuel miliage in the past.

Don't know what it was, I did not make it 100 miles and it was on empty, I stopped and put more gas in, enough to get into the states.

I filled up in the states, and got back to camp 200 miles only used a 1/2 tank of gas. :wacko: No idea!!