Mt Valin Relais Chapelle

iceman

Hi Dave and Dana, had a great time riding with you guys. You can twist my arm anytime and ill ride with you. We will have to meet up and ride again. Did you notice that i drove all the way home without my "anti-theft device" on? I kept moving plus it was dark. Ha Ha ! See you soon

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no groomers, we did not go towards onichiway, I had called them on thursday last, and they said only 6" of snow there, and sleds were not riding to there-but do not know first hand.

Anyone recommend a place to stay at Valin? We might be headed that way around 12-9 if there is no ridable snow in Jackman or the St George area -

Thanks

BC

You'll be lucky if there is snow on Mont Valin that weekend. You can stay at the ski area or KM31 both have direct trail access. With the short day light, I just stay in the city and trailer to the ski area.

Forecast

Tonight Flurries or rain showers 19°F

Thu A mix of sun and cloud 25°F

Fri Periods of snow 19°F 18°F

Sat Sunny 21°F 21°F

Sun Periods of snow or rain 34°F 21°F

Mon Periods of snow 30°F 28°F

Tue Chance of flurries 27°F 23°F 60%

Edited by markusvt

This is Morning Mist Resort north side of Algonquin Park, east of Mattawa along the Ottawa River. They got a foot of snow today. It's coming!!

Edited by lindasledgirl

They put notes on the conditions, when there is ride-able, groom-able snow, maybe after Jan 1 +/-.

This is one of the nicest links for Quebec conditions:

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/showConditions

You'll notice a lot of red thus far into the season. :rolleyes:

Edited by markusvt

Checked out the webpage but could not find trail conditions --

That's because they're not grooming yet, when they will officially start, it will be posted and how many klms by the week untill the entire club is groomed. Keep watching but more importantly keep watching the weather forecast and judge accordingly.

That's because they're not grooming yet, when they will officially start, it will be posted and how many klms by the week untill the entire club is groomed. Keep watching but more importantly keep watching the weather forecast and judge accordingly.

Thanks for the info -- sounds like we are going up on the 9th :drinks:

We landed at Auberge 31 around noon, road off trail most of the day, as reports have said, 6-8" of concrete base, with 1" and in some places 2" of loose snow on top. Overhaul , not bad riding, no grooming but still good going. we logged 110 miles 4:00 Pm

nice early ride, more tomorrow

Roadrunner

We landed at Auberge 31 around noon, road off trail most of the day, as reports have said, 6-8" of concrete base, with 1" and in some places 2" of loose snow on top. Overhaul , not bad riding, no grooming but still good going. we logged 110 miles 4:00 Pm

Roadrunner

Silverbacks that you?? :drinks:

Roadrunner

Thanks for the report RoundRunner good.gif sounds like you had good time, thats all that matters