Mt Valin Relais Chapelle

iceman

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I feel like SD needs to up the ante quick before they loose some of the market share to the power hungry big bore crowd abandoning ship for the horses thundering under the green hood."

That sums it up very well...I am headed Green for my next sled if they work as well as is hoped... :good:

If I remember correctly, which I am 100% sure I do, the last time you were on a Cat, you ended up in the bushes. And that was on a 660 AC. Can't imagine what a 177HP will do to you. Gotcha on this one Philly boy.

If I remember correctly, which I am 100% sure I do, the last time you were on a Cat, you ended up in the bushes. And that was on a 660 AC. Can't imagine what a 177HP will do to you. Gotcha on this one Philly boy.

Is a 800 too much? :rofl:

Edited by Jackstraw

hi john !!

ya !!! auberge 31 today !!

jean-guy

Now I'm going crazy. Awesome.😝👍

Hay Jean-Guy,

What do you know about the Chic Chocs mountain lodge. Can we snowmobile there it looks awesome.

Any info ? Thanks

John. ✌

I'll take the better suspension any day. The fastest always goes to the best tuner with the deepest pockets. Touring Quebec can be done on a lot less than 177hp.

Markusvt I usually never post anything when the topic is who has the biggest fastest etc but I have to agree with your statement "Touring Quebec can be done on a lot less than 177hp." Mubs and I rode 3360 miles last Feb in 14 days and I was riding my lowly 600 Etec. Slow and sure wins the race.

Andy

I started out on the back of a ski doo 12 (with mom driving). My father bought a new 'big'sled, I don't remember what it was. I remember being in Ompha, Trout Lake Hotel, hydro lines. Mom's 12 climbed no problem, Dads was bogging and overheating all the time. The weather was warm and my mom was thrilled with 'the old 12'. Not a mechanic, not sure why...but yes Andy, sometimes slow wins the race!

Markusvt I usually never post anything when the topic is who has the biggest fastest etc but I have to agree with your statement "Touring Quebec can be done on a lot less than 177hp." Mubs and I rode 3360 miles last Feb in 14 days and I was riding my lowly 600 Etec. Slow and sure wins the race.

Andy

I have traveled Quebec with a lowly 600 ETEC as well as with a 177hp Cat. 99 times out of 100 the 600 is more than enough, however for that one time.......

A good friend told me once "I would rather be looking at it, than for it"!!

Sound familiar?? LOL

5 weeks till the first Gaspesie trip my friend!!

Edited by smclelan

Andy

Well said Andy and all so very true. I have been a big bore ridder for the longest time ever and have been nuts about the top speed, all though i find myself waiting often at intersections for the group to arrive, i have understood over the years that you are as fast as the slowest one. Makes no difference if your on a 1000 or a 600 it's all up to the rider. "Touring Quebec can be done on a lot less than 177hp." I agree too.

Well said Andy and all so very true. I have been a big bore ridder for the longest time ever and have been nuts about the top speed, all though i find myself waiting often at intersections for the group to arrive, i have understood over the years that you are as fast as the slowest one. Makes no difference if your on a 1000 or a 600 it's all up to the rider. "Touring Quebec can be done on a lot less than 177hp." I agree too.

i also agree im so glad i got a 1200 gade to me its a perfect sled for trail riding quebec :good:

99% correct it was an early Z1 rental... But I was under it and the track was pointed skyward.

Is a 800 too much? :rofl:

My friends never fail to point out my shortcomings... :lol: I was messing around when this happened it was not a high speed crash...

Andy

Andy: I am more looking for a 4 stroke that is dependable as opposed to a rocket. My 800 E tec gave me a LOT of problems last year. and not just motor related. =@ I rode a 600 E tec in 09 & 10 and loved the sled.

Honestly I have been looking at a GSX LE 1200 Doo for next year. Heated seat, plush suspension, radiator for low snow conditions, mirrors, big windshield, 137", 1.25 track... Time will tell.:)

Edited by Phil 1

99% correct it was an early Z1 rental... But I was under it and the track was pointed skyward.

My friends never fail to point out my shortcomings... :lol: I was messing around when this happened it was not a high speed crash...

Andy: I am more looking for a 4 stroke that is dependable as opposed to a rocket. My 800 E tec gave me a LOT of problems last year. and not just motor related. =@ I rode a 600 E tec in 09 & 10 and loved the sled.

Honestly I have been looking at a GSX LE 1200 Doo for next year. Heated seat, plush suspension, radiator for low snow conditions, mirrors, big windshield, 137", 1.25 track... Time will tell.:)

Oh Phil, I thought you were younger than that! "heated seat, plush, big windshield' lol

Sorry you have had trouble with your new 800, hopefully you got that new upgrade? If not, call your dealer!

Linda

Oh Phil, I thought you were younger than that! "heated seat, plush, big windshield' lol

Sorry you have had trouble with your new 800, hopefully you got that new upgrade? If not, call your dealer!

Linda

Mentally I am younger than that but I hit the double nickle this past 11/6... :rofl:

I have aged but not grown up :)

My 800 blew up 6 miles from hotel on my last ride last year. Complete new top end, I have no idea what parts they used... 4,400 miles last year I believe a $13,500 machine sh0uld last longer than that...

dont even think twice the gsx 1200 is a great sled a true gas and go sledand just as fast as the 800s till around 80 with no worrys about blowing it up iv held mine wfo on trail 35 most of the way i would never hold a 800 wfo for over u few miles with out worring ill let ya ride mine at the gathering to see for your self

Don't kid yourself Phil,my riding partner has a 1200 GSX and it's just as fast as my Apex LTX GT and much cheaper on fuel aswell. Good bang for your buck and all the bells'n whistles come with it too. The only downfall...it's a BRP.lol.

I still don't know why you didn't go around the Pine LOL. On another note I just priced a 2012 GSX 1200 SE today. I'm still not sure I'm going to like the top end on it switching from the 07' Mach Z. They have a 1200 and an 800 GSX SE. Does $11,800 for the 1200 sound good?

Mentally I am younger than that but I hit the double nickle this past 11/6... :rofl:

I have aged but not grown up :)

My 800 blew up 6 miles from hotel on my last ride last year. Complete new top end, I have no idea what parts they used... 4,400 miles last year I believe a $13,500 machine sh0uld last longer than that...

I am blonde...took me a few minutes to do the calculations and add on a bit for 'exchange' lol

I am steeling that line.."I have aged but not grown up :)" love it!

Sorry to hear about the 800. They have fixed that problem now and are covering it till 2015! That is great news...so don't be nervous and trade.

Linda

Ah yes BRP, Bring Rings & Pistons. Maybe a Crank too.2 stroke time bomb.

Not true, all fixed!

SD has been updating the 800 every year since it came out. Some run real good, no issues, and go a lot of miles, some, not so lucky. We could never figure it out, and have all moved to the 1200.

I hope this year it is all set.

I am blonde...took me a few minutes to do the calculations and add on a bit for 'exchange' lol

I am steeling that line.."I have aged but not grown up :)" love it!

Sorry to hear about the 800. They have fixed that problem now and are covering it till 2015! That is great news...so don't be nervous and trade.

Linda

Not true, all fixed!

SD has been updating the 800 every year since it came out. Some run real good, no issues, and go a lot of miles, some, not so lucky. We could never figure it out, and have all moved to the 1200.

I hope this year it is all set.

Well they better have it all sorted out...I pick up mine on Friday!

4 stroke, been there, done that, just found it too heavy for me personally.

I have a Renegade in a 600 etec...its been a perfect sled, went 800 on the shorty to get this new suspension. It will just give me something new to talk about lol.

I still don't know why you didn't go around the Pine LOL. On another note I just priced a 2012 GSX 1200 SE today. I'm still not sure I'm going to like the top end on it switching from the 07' Mach Z. They have a 1200 and an 800 GSX SE. Does $11,800 for the 1200 sound good?

i traded in a 06 mach z for a 1200 best thing i ever did

u will loose top end for sure but it pulls just as hard if harder

not sure on 11800 but i know fort kent ski doo in maine was very good to me

there # is 207 834 3607

Jim:

Don't know about $11,800 but you watched me fight with the 800 for 5 days last March, that was no fun. I am serious that I will be on a 1200 of some flavor. Now go buy one so I can test ride it. :drinks:

I'm giving the Mach/Gade one more run at it (3rd Motor, 1st one I paid for). But a GSX SE (With a Turbo) is my next sled. 11,800.00 is just a little less than the Mach/Gade in 07 with all the options. Rode a 1200 last year for a week, not bad, ligher than the Mach, no top end in comparison.

Later

GutZ

When they run well, they are a real runner, I'm sure yours will be fine!

This is the most they have changed in recent years to try to improve durability.

Nice thing about riding in Quebec, you are never far from a SD dealer, no matter where you are.

Well they better have it all sorted out...I pick up mine on Friday!

4 stroke, been there, done that, just found it too heavy for me personally.

I have a Renegade in a 600 etec...its been a perfect sled, went 800 on the shorty to get this new suspension. It will just give me something new to talk about lol.

Edited by markusvt

I'm giving the Mach/Gade one more run at it (3rd Motor, 1st one I paid for). But a GSX SE (With a Turbo) is my next sled. 11,800.00 is just a little less than the Mach/Gade in 07 with all the options. Rode a 1200 last year for a week, not bad, ligher than the Mach, no top end in comparison.

Later

GutZ

That's why I held on to the Mach for so long. Was hoping for a new MachZ, never happened. Sold it this summer to a guy from Ontario, drove 10 hours each way for it, $2500 with almost 16,000 miles on it. I'm gonna miss that top end, cruising at 70, wack the flipper skis up in the air into triple digits! :yahoo: Turbo GSX would be sweet!