Laurentides Park today!

Switchback 2006

Bonjour!!

Lot of snow in the Laurentide park. The road was closed for a few hours !!

Here somes pictures of a member of another forum! :yahoo:

These photos were taken this morning! :good:

Believe it or not, but that is just around the corner! :good:

I really look forward for this snow!| :drinks::good::yahoo::clapping:

The guy said that at the bottom, you have couple of small rock. But on the top of the mountains, it is perfect!

They announce snow for this weekend in the pack! :yahoo:

Unfortunately for me, I will be in Boston for the weekend! :nea: :sad:

Hey Switchback, Where is the Laurentide Park exactly? It isn't north of Mtl is it?

Oups!!! Wrong place my friend!! :pardon:

The park is located between Quebec and Lake St-Jean!! But we also call this place The Reserve laurentians ''Réserve Faunique des Laurentides''

We must pass in this park to go to the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean! On road 175 north!!

Take a look on this map!!

Can you tell me if you were able to open the file attached?

All the best!

I was able, thanks for the pics, if I wasn't scheduled to move my friend I would be riding Fri morning. :nea:

Thanks!!

Opened the attachment, I usually go up 381 and not through the park.

I was planning on going to Auberge 31KM this weekend, but apparently they have on ly got 2" of snow. 2' and I would be there, but 2" is too hard on the sled.

It was pretty disappointing news, since I try to go on my "birthday" weekend and that would have been this weekend, since my birthday was yesterday. BUt maybe I could go to this park? are there hotels nearby?

I was able, thanks for the pics, if I wasn't scheduled to move my friend I would be riding Fri morning. :nea:

If I would not be going to Boston ..... I would surely be there Saturday morning!! :wacko:

I just read your signature ... too hilarious!.... :acute::rofl: :rofl:

Thanks!!

Opened the attachment, I usually go up 381 and not through the park.

I was planning on going to Auberge 31KM this weekend, but apparently they have on ly got 2" of snow. 2' and I would be there, but 2" is too hard on the sled.

It was pretty disappointing news, since I try to go on my "birthday" weekend and that would have been this weekend, since my birthday was yesterday. BUt maybe I could go to this park? are there hotels nearby?

Hi Rob from Ottawa!

If you want to be as close as possible to the park, the last city Stoneham!

Perhaps you know the name because of Stoneham ski resort!

You have hotel over there.

After that, take the 175 north. You will pass in front Fracinette restaurant. Very good place to have breakfast before a good ride!

After full stomach, Hi!hi!! You will drive until you arrive at a gaz station with a couple of house! If it's like last year the guy who one the place ask for a small 5 $ to pack truk and trail!! The trail pass at the end of the parking. Keep you right & have a nice ride my friend!! :good::drinks:

But be very carreful.... BECAUSE I think that they are no sign in the trails right now! But I'M not sure!

All the best!!

It opened in word for me. Looks like TQ23 thru the park - LeTape, Relais Mt Apica etc

Exactly Actionjack!! :good:

But Rob you will have to take 369 trail before the TQ23 to go at the Relais L'Étape!! Gaz & Food!!

Here the map for you as well as some pic for the ride of last nov. with my father in law!!

RELAIS DU BELL

Have a nice & safe ride!! :clapping::good:

Switchback-

I guess it is still too early to park at the "relais du nord" the red roof restaurant and leave from there? I left from that prking lot on the 11th of April this year.

No not to early, The guy started at this place! I believe that there will be a lot of people this weekend!!

I thought I read people were going to park at "Les Portes de L'enfer" parking lot which is something like 10km past L'etape.Did Stoneham get as much as up at L'Etape?

Merci

Yes, you can go over there. But it's not 10km after...It' 2 -3km before L'Étape!

The gates of hell '' Les portes de l'enfer'' and the ''L'Auberge'' Hotel are the SEPAQ(Société des Etablissements de Plein Air du Québec) homeland!!

http://www.sepaq.com/rf/lau/en/activite.html :D

T'es pas serieux! Les portes de L'enfer parking lot is at the Auberge le Relais? I've riden through there a few times and never even knew! Depending on what goes on this weekend, maybe I'll head up from montreal next weekend for a day. I'll see what's posted on CIMQ this weekend.

T'es pas serieux! Les portes de L'enfer parking lot is at the Auberge le Relais? I've riden through there a few times and never even knew! Depending on what goes on this weekend, maybe I'll head up from montreal next weekend for a day. I'll see what's posted on CIMQ this weekend.

:wacko: Attention, Switchback 600 est mêlé pas mal.

We did 100km yesterday and we started from Les Portes de l'enfer, about 10km North of L'Étape.

There is NO SNOW at Relais du Nord in Stoneham!

HDen

:wacko: Attention, Switchback 600 est mêlé pas mal.

We did 100km yesterday and we started from Les Portes de l'enfer, about 10km North of L'Étape.

There is NO SNOW at Relais du Nord in Stoneham!

HDen

Hey HDEN, How did that new 08 polaris turbo run??

Stan