where to park a truck north of montreal

josman

Berthierville, maybe 1 hr east or so from Montreal on Auto route 40. Say halfway between montreal and trois riveres. Never started a trip there but there are several hotels restaurants and gas all there. Right there is TQ 43 seen many sleds around that area.

Berthierville, maybe 1 hr east or so from Montreal on Auto route 40. Say halfway between montreal and trois riveres. Never started a trip there but there are several hotels restaurants and gas all there. Right there is TQ 43 seen many sleds around that area.

Yup, stayed at the Days Inn in Berthierville a couple of times. Seemed safe. They even put a boot on my truck which was nice since we never even stayed the night there. Truck was there 5 days later when we got back. Snow is somwetimes a little thin around that area but picks up nicely once you get into the woods.

mt. laurier and st michel has places to leave secure, might cost a couple of bucks but will be there when you get back, i have left truck at bombi dealer in mt. laurier and owner was very nice but you have to work within buss, hours . Hotel central in st. michel has a secure yard and many great rails from both..

Just the complete the good advices you already receive, I let you this link (lanaudiere web site)

http://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/accommodation

By clicking on the hotel of your choice, you will get all the details including what type of security they offer ex: Lighted parking, Locked enclosure, security guard...

Hope this help

:drinks:

Alain

I left one at the Days Inn in Mt Tremblant for 7 days. The trails right across the street.

Mt. Tremblant, or Comfort Inn St. Jovite next to the ice slide park? Last time through St. Jovite was a close to Mt. Tremblant as we could get (as far as anyone that asked knew).

Mt. Tremblant, or Comfort Inn St. Jovite next to the ice slide park? Last time through St. Jovite was a close to Mt. Tremblant as we could get (as far as anyone that asked knew).

stayed at comfort inn st jovite a few years ago, lost everything truck,trailer and sleds approx 100,000.00 weekend love quebec but only park with security

stayed at comfort inn st jovite a few years ago, lost everything truck,trailer and sleds approx 100,000.00 weekend love quebec but only park with security

WOW !!!!! that Sucks thanks for posting that We " Quebec Riders " need to know stuff like that " SORRY " We should have a Post of places that stuff was stolen from. 😡

Thanks again crazyzsnow. 👍

Wow that sucks, but new grear eh? Saddlebagged to the COmfort Inn and parked the sleds INDOORS. Taxied to Mt Tremblant and skied evening session on a whim after several Bloody Ceasers, then rode over to L'Esterel that night.

It was dated but loved Esterel. Anybody been to see Rambo in the past 2 seasons? If they upgraded enough I would like to take the whole family there.

Sure do miss Bernard. Gotta be tough for Jocelyn. Last time we were there it was a ghost town.

Mt. Tremblant, or Comfort Inn St. Jovite next to the ice slide park? Last time through St. Jovite was a close to Mt. Tremblant as we could get (as far as anyone that asked knew).Hi, yes St. Jovite right next to the Kids tubing slide and lift hill.

Edited by momojohnny

Do youself a favor and drive a little farther, not just for the security but also the trail conditions. Stay away from Berthierville Shawinigan not that great either and Mt. Tremblant is not snowmobiler friendly at all. Years ago alot of people left from St. Donat but in my opinion its too hemmed in. I would go at least to La Glaciere, they have secure parking as does Le Cabanon. Real Masse is another option, I prefer Le Cabanon they have probably the ultimate location, you can park there and stay and ride different trails each day and come back to a nice bar and heated pool and hot tub or you could do a saddlebag trip from there and be in Clova or relay 22 in a days ride. And I don't think they would charge you anything to park in the corral esp. if you stay at least 1 night. Oh they also have a separate corral for the sleds. :good:

Do youself a favor and drive a little farther, not just for the security but also the trail conditions. Stay away from Berthierville Shawinigan not that great either and Mt. Tremblant is not snowmobiler friendly at all. Years ago alot of people left from St. Donat but in my opinion its too hemmed in. I would go at least to La Glaciere, they have secure parking as does Le Cabanon. Real Masse is another option, I prefer Le Cabanon they have probably the ultimate location, you can park there and stay and ride different trails each day and come back to a nice bar and heated pool and hot tub or you could do a saddlebag trip from there and be in Clova or relay 22 in a days ride. And I don't think they would charge you anything to park in the corral esp. if you stay at least 1 night. Oh they also have a separate corral for the sleds. :good:

X2 on Le Cabanon! I have been staying there since 1997. I have never had any issues. Real Masse is also a good stop, but no pool or hot tub and on a lot of nights if you come in late the bar and restaurant are already closed. By late I mean 7 or 8 in the evening I rode there for dinner and all was dark. Of course on a busy week they are open much later.

X2 on Le Cabanon! I have been staying there since 1997. I have never had any issues. Real Masse is also a good stop, but no pool or hot tub and on a lot of nights if you come in late the bar and restaurant are already closed. By late I mean 7 or 8 in the evening I rode there for dinner and all was dark. Of course on a busy week they are open much later.

X3 Dennis at Le Cabanon is a good guy...not 4 star but safe.

• 1 year later...

Cabanon is for me too...The trails are groomed from the door..all the groomers 4 of them are there..It has it all..For snow...lol...lanaudier just got 25-35 cm and on friday night 35-45 cm through sat....lol...theres snow..This is all the north shore of the st laurence river...check the FCMQ...if its says closed then just call...they are going to be strict this year..no off trail or even closed trails...yes its only legal when the trail says open..insurance will tell you that and so will the cops..

Im pretty sure everyone is grooming and no one is around to post...lol... thin snow is only south of montreal..if any jack