Mt. Valin

The Skipper

I do not have your number as my phone went for a swim

I will be headed up on thursday late afternoon

ER

I will try you later.

Bill won't be up to "Paradise" until after the holidays. He travels south to visit family Thanksgiving to Christmas. I am quite sure we will all know when Bill has arrived! :yahoo::good:

Which motor is in your GMC 5.3 liter or 6.0?? I have an 06 with 45k (5.3 liter) I hope that thing doesn't blow up already!!

Does anyone know if there is snow (and how much) at the HI?

Monday there was about 1.5 feet of snow at the HI. We tried to get down from the Mt. to town and started to hit open water bars. We got all the way down to the airport at ST. Honore. I would think that if they get more snow, they will be opening the trails all the way down into Saguneene by this coming weekend. The 4 wheeler trials were all groomed down in that area this past weekend.

Which motor is in your GMC 5.3 liter or 6.0?? I have an 06 with 45k (5.3 liter) I hope that thing doesn't blow up already!!

Not my truck in the photos. I have a Chevy with the 5.3 BTW. thanks for asking. :good:

Monday there was about 1.5 feet of snow at the HI. We tried to get down from the Mt. to town and started to hit open water bars. We got all the way down to the airport at ST. Honore. I would think that if they get more snow, they will be opening the trails all the way down into Saguneene by this coming weekend. The 4 wheeler trials were all groomed down in that area this past weekend.

How are the conditions at the HI and the Mont Valins?

How are the conditions at the HI and the Mont Valins?

When I left there Thursday morning, it was snowing and the temp was 6f.

Here is a pic of the HI Corral, it looks bigger then last year, I almost did not find a place to park!

IMG_1317-1.jpg

It had looked like someone was riding 83 from the HI.

It looked like more than enough snow to ride out of there for sure.

Wed, I started from the hill and headed to the HI.

I took 93 all the way til the 93/23 split in Alma.

93 was closed as you can see in this pic.

IMG_1370.jpg

Went past this intersection to the first road crossing, and then the trail was closed.

On the way back, like 10min later, a grommer came through and oppened up the 93 from the 1st pic.

IMG_1371.jpg

They was headed down 23.

Not sure of the other way there 93 to 367? on the way back to the hill I jumped on 328, Had to break trail for a while.

IMG_1378.jpg

Then I got stuck, and turned back. If you look behind the sled you see catin 9 tails (I think tht'a what they are called?) the snow was very deep there and water bars, I said noway (Being solo ) so when I tried to turn that is when I got stuck.

Thank god for the shovel, and 1 1/2 hour later I made it back up to the 1st road crosing to dry out a bit from shoveling snow.

Man, it knocks the crap out of ya, Whew! :wacko:

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1379-1.jpg