Crossing the border

Yamaha Jim

Hi Folks, I have another question regarding my plan to return to Quebec for a sledding trip. I have a US passport but my 19 yr old son does not. Will he need a passport to cross into Quebec and then return or will his driver's license be sufficient? Many Thanks!!

Hi Folks, I have another question regarding my plan to return to Quebec for a sledding trip. I have a US passport but my 19 yr old son does not. Will he need a passport to cross into Quebec and then return or will his driver's license be sufficient? Many Thanks!!

Yamaha Jim

You will either need a passport or passport card. I did purchase a passport card for my son-this is the less expensive way to go.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html

Yamaha Jim

You will either need a passport or passport card. I did purchase a passport card for my son-this is the less expensive way to go.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html

A passport is not a legal requirement to enter Canada. Photo id will suffice. The passport or nexus card is a requirement

to enter the US even for citizens.

Jim -

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

This link from Homeland Security is definitive: Passport or enhanced drivers license required. Does you home state offer the enhanced licenses? That would be a little less $$ and easier to obtain also.

Best of luck -