Bad new for latuque area

towing

IMPORTANT UPDATE: NEW DEVELOPMENTS HAPPENED AND THIS TRAIL IS NOW RE-OPEN WITH A PARTIAL NEW ALTERNATE ROUTE FROM TODAY 28 JANUARY.... go to post #12 and after...

28/1/2012: The closed portion(loggins) of the #73 trail to relai #22 from Latuque that have been closed is now re-routed and officially open starting today 28 January 2012

Just to let you know that the latuque Club is forced to close a portion of the #73 trail to relai #22 because a section of 12 miles have been plowed and sanded for wood transports :(

The wood workers were supposed to left a portion of the road with snow for the trail but the road have been completely plowed and sanded and heavy wood transport have begin today so the club have no other choice to close this section at the moment.

This section is on the #73 trail between Pourvoirie Odanak and auberge Vermillon. The trail will still be groomed between relai 22 and auberge Vermillon and the Latuque Club is now working to find an alternate path to reconnect the #73 but it's not simple...

Here is the link to the french post on CMIQ forum for those who read french

http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/showthread.php?127825-Mauvaise-nouvelle-Club-Motoneige-La-tuque.

Alain

Edited by towing

Too bad for anyone that uses that trail often, I myself try to avoid that slalom course. :crazy:

I too cant stand that trail. My arms hurt when I get to the other end from turning so much. Plus it's so enjoyable

criss-crossing that road 20 times as well. I'm sure the guy at the "22" is not to thrilled about this at all.

For sure never a favorite but was nice to have the option.

Yea for sure, never good to lose a trail hopefully they come up with a reroute.

I too cant stand that trail. My arms hurt when I get to the other end from turning so much. Plus it's so enjoyable

criss-crossing that road 20 times as well. I'm sure the guy at the "22" is not to thrilled about this at all.

The last time I did that trail I was turning in my sleep. That is one of those trails that if you are the leader you enter every turn feeling like you have a target on your hood. By the way anyone hear if Relay 22 was sold, I heard it was for sale again.

• 2 weeks later...

Closed and listed as Dangerous due to large trucks, where there should be trail. All Season. You can get only to Odanak it says. I have not tried it. I believe its not gonna happen this year. Over.

Hey hey guy!!! :clapping:

There are very good news about this trail. LaTuque club is now at work in the wood on an alternate trail since this last Tuesday. Géo, a great guy from this club that regularly post on CMIQ french forum keep us update on how it goes but by now, they expect to re-open the #73 by next tuesday 24 january. The last news are from those french posts:

http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/showthread.php?129176-Nouvelle-aujourd-hui-pour-la-73-N-vers-Relais-22

http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/showthread.php?129546-Conditions-La-Tuque-et-Mauricie

Great news :good:

Alain

Well that is great news. last i saw Geo said it was for the year. My apologies i have not checked the Cmiq lately.No offense but i have seen the attempts at alternate trails and will wait to see what this one looks like but i guess anything will be better then nothing.How they let it get this way is crazy. That is a major artery like it or not.

Well that is great news. last i saw Geo said it was for the year.

No offense iceman,there's actually alot of new post each day on cmiq and it's impossible to follow all. You are right, it is what he said at the beginning of last week. I think they were really discouraged by this situation that sink them alot of energy but the wind had finally turned now and all the efforts they did will pay... great news....

:drinks:

Alain

For sure Alain I know Geo works very hard and the rest of that Club they do a great job. Glad to hear they worked out a way.I know CMIQ is the place to find out what is going on in Quebec for sure. Looks like a trip to try the new new 73 with re route. Its all riding.

I just check the latest news on CMIQ french forum and the bypass trail is done but they are waiting for new snow to open it. There is a problematic 4 miles of new trail on gravel... maybe the next days snow will solve this...

http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/showthread.php?129830-Condition-Mauricie-et-La-Tuque-22-janv&p=1153113#post1153113

http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/showthread.php?130286-Boucle-Shawinigan-la-Tuque-Lac-Edouard-l-%C9tape-st-Raymond-et&p=1157079#post1157079

Alain

Edited by towing

It's confirmed, it's now officially open from today 28 January 2012.

I raise my hat to this snowmobile club that work hard and fast without giving up even the situation seemed really bad at first. It finally paid and this important trail link is now 100% operational :good:

:drinks:

Alain

Glad to hear that trail is open as it is vital to system with gas, food and lodging at relay 22, one of the more popular stops for hardcore travelers. I always enjoyed that trail , it was like road course america, but you did have to pay attention to oncoming trafic and it was not easy to get around a groomer either. One of the nice things about Quebec is the diversity in trails that you will encounter, and that was a memorable trail.