2012 Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

What a ride we had today, Mr GutZ, longhairgutz, Jack, Sandy and I. 250 miles. Went to Onatchiway and from there to Pipmuacan Reservoir. Left Onatchiway and rode 62.5 miles on the log truck road. Log truck road is not being used this winter. What a hoot this was.

http://pipmuacan.securdev.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipmuacan_Reservoir

Bill

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ride we had today, Mr GutZ, longhairgutz, Jack, Sandy and I. 250 miles. Went to Onatchiway and from there to Pipmuacan Reservoir. Left Onatchiway and rode 62.5 miles on the log truck road. Log truck road is not being used this winter. What a hoot this was.

Bill

Was Pipmaucan lodge open for lunch? Do they have gas? Do you have gps coordinates?

Bill

Sounds like a great ride!Enjoy!

Today we, Mr GutZ, nohairgutz and I, only rode 125 miles today. The GutZ boys had a few things to do on their sleds. Like most things that you do, the 15 minute jobs turn into 2 hour jobs. Word of caution, the bolt used to adjust track tension and alignment goes into a nut with the nylon insert to keep it from backing out. Well after seeing nohairgutz's bolt back out and the other one you could turn with your finger, I am going to change mine yearly.

Bill

Sandi and I left the HS on Sunday the 19th heading out to Abitibi. We took 83 around the bottom of the Lac and then took the `via the Lac trail` from Chambord to Roberval to save a little time. We picked up 83 on the west side of the Lac. The last time we were on 83 from St Hedwidge to Relais 22, it ran the road. This year it is back in the woods. Not nearly as nice as it was.

While we were at lunch at Relais 22, we saw Dave and Bill from VT who we had rode with earlier this season. Its a small world. They were heading towards Lac St Jean.

After lunch we continued on 83. The trail was very good from Relais 22 but as we got closer to Wemotaci, the trail worsened. Once past Wemotaci it was very good again. There has been a new auto truck road constructed and the snowmobile trail uses the old road much of the way once you pass Wemotaci. The cutoff down to Kanawata is now a little closer to Wemotaci than it was.

The Kanawata trail was very good. It is 40 miles from 83 to Kanawata and it is such a nice way to end the day. We arrived at 5 PM.

Kanawata was very quiet. No rental groups. Yea!

I`ll continue the report in the Abitibi section.

Jack & Sandi :)

Today the Butt Paste 5 + 2 and myself went up tp Pipmuacan. The trail from Onatchiway up had just been groomed, met groomer coming back down. It's 62 miles from Onatchiway to Adventure Pipmuacan. We left Onatchiway at10:45 and got to Pipmuacan at 11:45. Did a total of 275 miles. left at 8 back at 4:30.

I was reminded that I did not post Sunday's report so I'll do it now. Team Butt Paste + 3, the GutZ Bros and myself did the "Tour du Lac St Jean" on Sunday. Conditions were great as one Yammy blew a belt on 367 in the fields east of St Monquie. Stopped at Vauvert at 11AM for lunch, 2 of the Team Butt Paste got seperated from the group and were catching up. Left Vauvert at 12:30 and back to the HS at 5PM. 235 miles.

62 miles in 60 minutes .....those yammys pushing you? Lol

Hi Ray. Yea! When we went up with Bill the other day, you can make a lot of miles in little time. No road crossings or other interuptions and it is a logging road so it is fast and wide.

Jack & Sandi :)

Today I had an appointment at Spence's at 8:30 AM to but in the new helix. Completed at 9:30 and back to the HS. I rode 140 miles with SnoMoGary and SnowMouse. Temp got up to 36F., All clouds, no sun.

Bill,

How are you? How has your winter been?

Looking at heading up on Friday how are the trails? Can you make the ride around the lake? We will be there for 4 days coming from St. Raymond. I have not rode up there this year only out west. I saw a report that said you are riding in grass? Looking forward to seeing you and talking over a beer.

Bill,

How are you? How has your winter been?

Looking at heading up on Friday how are the trails? Can you make the ride around the lake? We will be there for 4 days coming from St. Raymond. I have not rode up there this year only out west. I saw a report that said you are riding in grass? Looking forward to seeing you and talking over a beer.

Bob

No grass up here. Glad you are coming up. Looking forward to seeing you. I rode around lake last Sunday.

Bill

Bob

No grass up here. Glad you are coming up. Looking forward to seeing you. I rode around lake last Sunday.

Bill

Thanks Bill!

Need anything up there from this side of the boarder?

My plan is to arrive Friday night, make the lake run on Saturday, Sunday blast off a quick 150 miles and then watch the Daytona 500 at the Hotel or Scooby's then head back home on Monday. I will be looking for your input for the Lake trip (any tips on what to avoid) and Sunday's run.

See you then safe riding!

Bob

Helped dig out one of the Butt Paste Boys and strained my back, then 3 days later I was feeling better, and tried to help some guy in Valin from ontario get back on the trail I ripped some muscle in my hip. I spend the rest of the day in the infermery at the ski hill in a lot of pain packed in ice.

All should be good, the Doc says it is just muscles.

GutZ

Helped dig out one of the Butt Paste Boys and strained my back, then 3 days later I was feeling better, and tried to help some guy in Valin from ontario get back on the trail I ripped some muscle in my hip. I spend the rest of the day in the infermery at the ski hill in a lot of pain packed in ice.

All should be good, the Doc says it is just muscles.

GutZ

ok glad your going to be ok

sucks getting older dont it lol

next time get long hair to pickk the sled up hahahaha

Today Snow MO Gary and I rode 235 miles. We got seperated for about a 1/2 hour but ended up having lunch at "the best place in town". Trails were great but it was a partly sunny day with high temp of 37F. Suppose to get cold tomorrow evening with 4" of snow.

Bill, thanks again for a great week up there. We had a blast riding with you and the Gutz brothers. Sorry one of them got hurt pulling Nigel out. We left at 6 this morning and got back at 5pm, not bad considering we had to return Nigels sled to SMSport in St Foy. Next year we rent from Evasion. It was great to see you and the rest of you family while we were there. I hope you got to taste the pulled pork I left for you, your English friends and Mrs Bill were conspiring on how to hide it from you!

PS, in the future please try to avoid being towed by Brian it could be hazardous to your health! LOL