DWI - border crossing permit

Mac

I have a friend that I snowmobile with in Quebec for the last ten years. He recently six months ago convicted of DWI. I read that a special permit can be applied for that may take 6-9 months. Is their any provision for a permit that can be approved on the spot while crossing the border? Any other options?

Good Luck....

I believe the permit took 2-3 years (multi-part, FBI clearance, etc...), BUT you had to wait till 5-10 years after the offence, DWI may be differant.

start with the canadian immigration site.

Later

GutZ

If they check you he will be refused entry. I have heard of pardons for convictions so you can enter but not getting anything on the spot at the border. Its a gamble.

Was always my worst nightmare when younger that i would somehow get in trouble and be banned from entering Quebec to ride. Thank you jesus!

Edited by iceman

I agree it would be a sad day if I were not permitted into Quebec ever again.

My friend and I have logged 20 thousand miles or so in Quebec and it pisses me off he may be out forever. I thought we could do the short form at the border pay $200-300 and call it good. I can here you LOL Stop laughing this is serious. ---mac---

I agree it would be a sad day if I were not permitted into Quebec ever again.

My friend and I have logged 20 thousand miles or so in Quebec and it pisses me off he may be out forever. I thought we could do the short form at the border pay $200-300 and call it good. I can here you LOL Stop laughing this is serious. ---mac---

I do not think anybody is laughing! That would really suck. I tell the wife all the time that we are not going here or there because of the drive afterword. I keep telling her if one of us gets a DWI we might as well sell the sleds and trailer. Sad news for your friend for sure.

Years ago you could get a 1 time pardon for about $200. Now you need to wait 5 years before even applying for a pardon which would be good for life for THAT offense. Cost is over $300 now and you have to file a bunch of paperwork explaining (begging) why you should be allowed back in. There is a slight chance he could get through. If stopped he will be warned not to try again, so if it were me I would try 1 time, but you guys have to decide.

• 2 weeks later...