ride report

dkarwh

Just returned from both of these areas after 3 days of riding and WOW! Trails were at 99.9%! Left Beauceville, 55 to St Pamphile, 557 to 35, 526 to RDL,5 to Trois Pistoles, greeny to Squatec, 548 to no where as the trail is closed this year to Cabano. We tried it not knowing it was closed and had to divert to St Cyprien. 545 to TQ85, to RDL, 526 to Lac Saumon, local to 35, Tourville to St Pamphile and back to Beauceville. 694 miles without a bump. It was a little on the chilly side but there is nothing like 0 degree snow, groomed without a sled track on it. Didn't pass more than 6 sleds until we got back to St Magliore. Gas is a little pricey but to pay to play for perfect conditions is well worth it. Happy sledding!

Chaudiere Appl + BSL are areas I ride quite allot so this report was nice to read. I had seen where fuel is around $1.26/l now?

As a side note: I know you had sworn off Yamaha after your driveshaft issues a few years back and I think went back to Cat? What are you riding now?

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

Chaudiere Appl + BSL are areas I ride quite allot so this report was nice to read. I had seen where fuel is around $1.26/l now?

As a side note: I know you had sworn off Yamaha after your driveshaft issues a few years back and I think went back to Cat? What are you riding now?

I am now on an Apex RX10 XTX, 144 track. I like it but I don't like yamaha's warranty. A friend I ride with bought the same sled and last year on the first ride at less than a hundred miles both sleds were out of hyfax. Mine stuck so bad we had to use a trail stake to break it free from the track clips. I called customer service and the girl there refused to acknowledge that there could be a problem with the hyfax. $200 dollars later it was fixed but I was pretty mad about it. Jesus, they just flat ass refuse to even entertain the thought that something could be defective on there machine. Biggest and first question was "did you buy the extended warranty?". I thought the thing was guaranteed for a year! Enough ranting, I am over it now, have 4000+ miles on it and everything is fine. It is blue like yours and I wanted a red one but none were available. I actually like the color. Also had an 09 in-between. Same issue with the hyfax. I guess I don't know anyone that has bought one that didn't have an issue. They must make a lot of money figuring $200 bucks per sled X how many ever they sell. My friend is on his 4th set, gave him the fix and he finally agreed. Our 700 mile ride this week we had no problem.

Have to get together for a ride sometime. I have tons of time to ride but everyone has this work issue. I think I have covered the C-A, BSP trail system at least a dozen times but I never get sick of it. The diversity of the trails is lots of fun and very interesting. 35 is boring but if it is fairly flat it isn't too bad. Everyone is screaming about 548 being closed. The re-route was a little stiff last year but it was fun. Talked to a guy in Cabano and he said he doubts it will be opened again. I tried to open it but after breaking trail for 30 miles I finally gave up.

Keep in touch.

Karl

The closing of 548 has something to do with Moose Valley, the quebecer's are very jealous of this place for some reason. I will tell you about it later.