Hotel information

schooter

Looking for some recommendations / options for Hotels that are easy access (Trail,Food,Fuel,Beverage) and sled friendly in.

Baire Comeau

Les Escoumins

Forestville

Any preference on to stay places to stay away from places

Thank you

Schooter

Looking for some recommendations / options for Hotels that are easy access (Trail,Food,Fuel,Beverage) and sled friendly in.

Baire Comeau

Les Escoumins

Forestville

Thank you

Schooter

In Les Escoumins , this place is great !

http://www.complexepelchat.com/hotel-en.php

Baire Comeau

Les Escoumins

Forestville

Thank you

Schooter

X2 on Pelchat. Here is where I stay in Baire Comeau You do not need to stay in Forestville, just gas up there.

http://www.manoirbc.com/en/

Edited by Snobeeler

Thank you,

for the information

I am looking for options from leaving the HI/HS and a mid point enroute to see the Snowmobile bridge over the Manicougan River.

Since I will not have time to do the loop will need to back track and go back to the HI/HS via 93.

schooter

Thank you,

for the information

I am looking for options from leaving the HI/HS and a mid point enroute to see the Snowmobile bridge over the Manicougan River.

Since I will not have time to do the loop will need to back track and go back to the HI/HS via 93.

schooter

schooter

Forestville first day, 240 miles, Stay at Econolodge, very nice place. See bridge, double back to Forestville that night, about 200 miles round trip, and then back to the HS.

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for the info.

So you Saturday night.

Schooter

schooter

Forestville first day, 240 miles, Stay at Econolodge, very nice place. See bridge, double back to Forestville that night, about 200 miles round trip, and then back to the HS.

Bill

Good advice Bill, this way they can keep their rooms and leave the saddlebags behind.

smclelan, snobeeler, Bill, dooright

I appreciate the advice; my two amigos will need to weigh in on the number of nights away from the HS.

Planning to be pulling into the HS before 6:00 pm Saturday.

Schooter

Pelchat in les escoumins and hotel le compte in baie comea. We were just there Wednesday and Thursday nights. Both nice places and very reasonable. Tq3 is an awesome ride!! Flat fast and some nice sights!

Edited by nowa

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late in my response, Things got a little hectic when I got back home,

But, Yes we did go across the bridge and into town, We needed to stop for oil at the Cat dealer and the bank (My GMC was in a hurry to get to the HS on the way up) :nea:

The bridge is very impressive.

On the trail dates 29th jan - 4th Feb

We traveled 1500 miles in our seven days on the sled. 90% great trails

1st day HS - LAC de Loop - Lac St. Jean

2nd day HS - Fishing Village La baie

3rd day HS - Forestville - Econolodge

4th day Forestville to Baie Comeau to Forestville

5th day Forestville to manoir Richelieu (Trail # 3 needed alot of love)

6th day Manoir Richelieu to HS

7th Day HS to Mt Valin to Onatchiway missed a turn to go to Scooby Raid and ended up north of Lac de la Rame, turned arount to go back to Onatchiway for fuel and then back to the HS

Farmerold planted the seed and this trip has now made us want to go to the end of trail, # 3 - Baie Johan Beetz, Then to Godbout across the ferry down to Quebec City and Back up to finish a loop.

So I will be looking for recommendation of motels north of Sept Isle.

This is only my 6th year of going to Quebec for Sledding, but I have been impressed and felt welcomed each time. I look forward to my next opportunity to return.

Schooter

I'm a little late in my response, Things got a little hectic when I got back home,

But, Yes we did go across the bridge and into town, We needed to stop for oil at the Cat dealer and the bank (My GMC was in a hurry to get to the HS on the way up) :nea:

The bridge is very impressive.

On the trail dates 29th jan - 4th Feb

We traveled 1500 miles in our seven days on the sled. 90% great trails

1st day HS - LAC de Loop - Lac St. Jean

2nd day HS - Fishing Village La baie

3rd day HS - Forestville - Econolodge

4th day Forestville to Baie Comeau to Forestville

5th day Forestville to manoir Richelieu (Trail # 3 needed alot of love)

6th day Manoir Richelieu to HS

7th Day HS to Mt Valin to Onatchiway missed a turn to go to Scooby Raid and ended up north of Lac de la Rame, turned arount to go back to Onatchiway for fuel and then back to the HS

Farmerold planted the seed and this trip has now made us want to go to the end of trail, # 3 - Baie Johan Beetz, Then to Godbout across the ferry down to Quebec City and Back up to finish a loop.

So I will be looking for recommendation of motels north of Sept Isle.

This is only my 6th year of going to Quebec for Sledding, but I have been impressed and felt welcomed each time. I look forward to my next opportunity to return.

Schooter

Nice report Schooter, if you were looking to go to Johan Beetz this was probably the year to do it. Unfortunately there usually is not enough snow to go all the way out. I had seen earlier in the season that there was good snow out there and thought this would be the year to do it if someone wanted to. We tried on 2 separate trips to do the end but conditions never allowed. I would take the firstchance you get. Fair warning though once you do a trip like that you will not want to go up to Jonquiere and grind in and out every day. Baie St. Paul would be an excellent place to start that trip from. :good: