Where to stay

Snobeeler

depending on the amount of kms you want to do in a day, you can stay at the best western in Mont Laurier, they have a great big parking area and their rooms are very nice and clean, foods not terrible but for bfast its ok, don't have to go back outside. I'll look up joncas for you and let you know. snow white

depending on the amount of kms you want to do in a day, you can stay at the best western in Mont Laurier, they have a great big parking area and their rooms are very nice and clean, foods not terrible but for bfast its ok, don't have to go back outside. I'll look up joncas for you and let you know. snow white

Thanks for reply. We are probably going to stay at your place also. The problem I see is too many miles (325+ miles) going from Maniwaki to Villa-Marie via 63 thru Joncas . I do not see any other lodging near 1/2 way point. Maybee there is a shorter run from Maniwaki to Val-D-Or? We are open to suggestions but would rather keep day below 250 miles.

Edited by Snobeeler

Does anyone know if Joncas is still open or any other places in between? What does everyone do when going west on 63 from Maniwaki?

Thanks

Joncas is closed but there is another place east of Joncas.The place is http://pourvoirielaverendrye.com/

What does everyone do when going west on 63 from Maniwaki?

Take 13 north then 322.You will get back on 63 at the classic Restaurant in Lytton (Esso gas station).From there to Le Domaine +- 45 miles.

Le Domaine to Pourvoirie Laverendrye is around 65 miles.

Joncas is closed but there is another place east of Joncas.The place is http://pourvoirielaverendrye.com/

What does everyone do when going west on 63 from Maniwaki?

Take 13 north then 322.You will get back on 63 at the classic Restaurant in Lytton (Esso gas station).From there to Le Domaine +- 45 miles.

Le Domaine to Pourvoirie Laverendrye is around 65 miles.

Mid Range, thank you very much. That is perfect. post-64-0-27644600-1327922412_thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Well we had a great trip. Stayed at Tamarac on Tuesday night 2/7/12. Great hosts, great food (The Special Stew in bread bowl hit the spot). Carol speaks perfect English and is very helpful with any info you may need. On the flip side the gas boy at the Classic was the rudeist I have come across in many years. In 1300 miles around Abitibi and Outaouais regions the trails were mostly 8 to 10. :yahoo:

Edited by Snobeeler

La Bannik in Ville Marie (each cabin was very clean, had its own hot tub, excellent staff in the lodge and food was amazing).