Orange trail - Amos to Matagami

14 snow

I am considering riding this trail as part of our tour. I can see from the map there is absolutely nothing on this trail. Has anyone ridden and can report it's conditions this year? Is this part of a hydro cut?

Considering this route northbound or the 396 on the east side.

Thanks!

I am considering riding this trail as part of our tour. I can see from the map there is absolutely nothing on this trail. Has anyone ridden and can report it's conditions this year? Is this part of a hydro cut?

Thanks!

I came down that trail 4 yrs ago, if we talking about the same one (orange) old map. Some of it is a pole line. There is a resturant- bar on the road, in the middle about 60% down. The trail goes next to it. They sold my friend (1000 skidoo) gas out of a 5 gallon can. The bottom of the can had an inch of frozen water in it. Cant promise its still open or they have gas. I remember talking to a car load of natives that were coming down to go shopping. A 10 hr drive from east side of james bay to that store. They guy said his wife wanted go look at washing machines with a big smile. They had just finished the seal hunt. FYI, I have a 600 sdi and had no problem with fuel and didnt touch my gerry can. The trail was fine, if its not be marked at the top, take a right to go to matagami Edited by momojohnny

We went up the local trail last year. The depanneur was open. We ate there but didn't buy gas. We stayed at the Hotel Matagami and then rode trail 369 to Lebel sur Quevillon on our way to Chibougamau. The local trail and 369 were very good when we were on them.

There isn't much traffic in that area and the trails tend to stand up very good.

Jack & Sandi

We rode from Matagami down 396 to 109 (orange trail) last year. Orange trail follows the hwy 109 down to Saint Dominique du Rosaire. Gas right on the trail in St Dominique. No problems getting there on gas.

Also told the food is good at the Restarant/Gas Bar in St Dominique.

Kaz

Thanks!

I rode that trail a couple days ago, it was fantastic. I did not see anyplace for gas out in the middle anywhere but we all made it just fine. I'm attaching our tracks.

post-247-0-96630700-1329661109_thumb.jpg