Grand Prix of Valcourt by Ski-doo 2/17-19

Greg du Vermont

I'll never forget my 1st experience at the great Grand Prix de Valcourt in the mid 1980's. It was a celebration of snowmobile competition like nothing I had ever seen before. 30 years later the experience only gets more impressive, more crazy and more fantastic. If you have been you know exactly what I am talking about and it is indeed hard to describe. The sights, the sounds, the smells, the crowd and the level of extreme competition never leave your mind. If you have not been, this should be your year. :good:

The 30th edition of the Grand Prix will once again feature multiple classes of side by side, ice oval snowmobile action, high flying Snow Cross events and insane moto and ATV ice oval races. As if that isn't enough, this year's event will also have Outlaw Snowmobile drag racing on Friday and a winner take all, "Big Air" snowboard tow-in competition. Electric and memorable in everyway. =@

Here's the best part! Whether you are at the track or at home, you can check Motoneiges.ca or Sledmagazine.com by smart phone or computer for exciting photo and video highlights, directly from the track. QR's own Markusvt will be joining me and the Motoneiges.ca team, giving you up close and personal event highlights including exclusive race video from Dustin Gehrke's high powered Pro Champ and Semi Pro Champ ice oval sleds. You've seen what Markusvt does with trail reports, now check out what he's capable of when turned loose unrestricted at a race track.

Check out our photo and video highlights throughout this weekend at Motoneiges.ca or Sledmagazine.com

I'm excited, can you tell. :clapping::yahoo:

Yeah........that's what I'm talking about. Thanks for the video Momo. Free Bombardier Museum all weekend and a party everywhere you go. Bookmark the Motoneiges.ca site or facebook page and check us out. You ain't seen nothing yet. No translation needed, the photos and videos will speak your language. Spread the word.

post-174-0-03387800-1329318419_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greg du Vermont

Hi Greg, definttely a great weekend. I too started going in the mid 80's and it was a real party atmospher with many things going on.

post-37-0-02238300-1329319977_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-14353800-1329319967_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-65579200-1329319949_thumb.jpg

Being at the race track and seeing these machines is trully impressive.If you ever thought of going I don't think you'll be disapointed. Here are a few from snowcross.

post-37-0-18160000-1329321383_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-82794500-1329321390_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-40154200-1329321007_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-77715700-1329321095_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-23160400-1329321364_thumb.jpg

And if speed is your thing the oval racers are sure to please.

post-37-0-13684700-1329322105_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-32631200-1329322167_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-66980700-1329322426_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-09195900-1329322223_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-66814800-1329322289_thumb.jpg

looking like my gaspe trip posponed for a little bit so im going to take a ride to check this out sat anyone from here going to be there sat ?

Working on it. Might take my 13 yr daughter up for the day. R U Going by exit #24 on I 93 perhaps? Or do you go up 91 from CT? Its going to warm up there. Usually it can be pretty cold and very - windy in that valley.

Working on it. Might take my 13 yr daughter up for the day. R U Going by exit #24 on I 93 perhaps? Or do you go up 91 from CT? Its going to warm up there. Usually it can be pretty cold and very - windy in that valley.

i would be going up 91 is it anywhere near the brp tour in valcort iv wanted to see that for years now

i would be going up 91 is it anywhere near the brp tour in valcort iv wanted to see that for years now

The factory is 1/2 mile from the track. Not sure exact year, maybe 1999, but when I went thru the factory yr's ago in Feb, they had already switched over to making water craft in the production line. A girl takes 15 people thru the factory @ time. So you might have to wait a long time for the tour. Let know when

your heading to PQ or Maine for some riding. My regular partners kids are racing in the east coast snow cross. So he's short on time and $ for trips to PQ. I might be heading back up to millinocket next week.

Edited by momojohnny

ok thanks i might save the tour for the summer then

i should be going on a trip some time early next week ( waiting for my father to feal better he got a cold at 83 years old it would be to mutch)

give me a shout i should be in valcort around 8 am sat 203 419 7817

ok thanks i might save the tour for the summer then

i should be going on a trip some time early next week ( waiting for my father to feal better he got a cold at 83 years old it would be to mutch)

give me a shout i should be in valcort around 8 am sat 203 419 7817

Ok. Ill be in touch one way or another. Are you bringing your sled and staying up?

Coldsmoke, I wrote down your number. If we ae able to connect, we will get you on camera for a quick quote on the event. I'm glad that excitment is building. Factory tour is not usually part of the weekend. Summer tour is best to see sleds. Museum is open, an awesome display and free. The track is definetly more than 1/2 mile from the factory. I would say 4+ miles. Hope to see you there.

:good:

Coldsmoke, I wrote down your number. If we ae able to connect, we will get you on camera for a quick quote on the event. I'm glad that excitment is building. Factory tour is not usually part of the weekend. Summer tour is best to see sleds. Museum is open, an awesome display and free. The track is definetly more than 1/2 mile from the factory. I would say 4+ miles. Hope to see you there.

:good: :good: :good: :good: sounds great see ya up there