4 Day Trip- See Ya Later!

Snowbunny

We're heading up to tomorrow afternoon to Temiscamingue, staying at the Canadienne for the night. Then up to Rouyn Norand Friday, staying at Le Noranda. From Rouyan to La Sarre, Amos, staying at the Forestell in Val D'Or. Val D'Or to Ville Marieand staying at Domaine Temi Kami for the night. Back down to Temiscamingue. Hoping we hit some nice trails, we drove this route 2 years ago and had a lot of fun!

I just stayed at La Bannik in Ville Marie...Spectacular!! www.bannik.ca. Each cabin had its own hot tub (out side), great beds, linens, fireplace and the main lodge dinner/breakfasts were a 10! Service was amazing as well. Can't say enough!

Posting from the forestell in Val D'Or. The trails are awesome and there is so much snow in the abitibi! We are on our second day of sledding and having a blast. We arrived early enough at Le Noranda last night to do the Nordic baths at the spa before dinner :)

Hey Dave! Are you heading back up for another trip soon? If the weather holds out we'll probably go back up to Val D'Or around March 10th from Grand Remous to Rabaska up to Clova and off from there. Anyone been up this way lately? 100% agree that the Temi Kami's food is amazing, but so was the view from our chalet. It was the perfect place to stay on the last night of the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Nordic Baths? Tell me more please! lol

The trail leads right to Le Noranda in Rouyan Noranda. Le Noranda has amazing food, and the rooms are top notch. We had nice comfy pillow top beds to sleep in. You can park your sleds around the back of the hotel, we always lock and chain ours together and never had any issues over the years. Le Noranda has a spa, which also has indoor Nordic Baths- $32 for 3 hours per person (highly recommended).

We were planning to leave Le Domaine and come through the park to Val D'Or, but since the trail has an open creek near the Indian Reserve (and we need to cross it going and coming back). We're going to St. Zenon and staying at Le Cabannon for 4 days 3 nights- and it will be my birthday!

Thanks snowbunny!! Sounds like my kind of place and ....your birthday? When are you going? When is your birthday?

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks snowbunny!! Sounds like my kind of place and ....your birthday? When are you going? When is your birthday?

Linda

March 18th- was my birthday and likely the warmest March 18th ever in my 25 years. We cancelled our trip since it's been unseasonally warm. I'm just glad that we did get a good 2 months worth of riding in and got to stay at a few new places. Instead we enjoyed the sunshine and had a BBQ.

Edited by Snowbunny