Mont Valin Conditions???

Jbird902

Hey guys looking for conditions in Mont Valin area. We have mtn sleds and are looking to do some off trail. Usually go to jackman ME but thinking valin this year because of low snow. Looking at 2/29-3/3. Never been so any info is appreciated. Looking at a place called scooby-raid? In west valin I think. Is this near the hills/powder/good backcountry riding? I talked to Maria there and he says 6ft in the woods ?? I don't want to travel 30 miles to get to the good off trail riding, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks again for the info

Here is scoobyraid link. Im not sure its where you want to start for off trail riding. Im only familiar with the FMCQ trail network.

http://www.hros.net/hotel/ca/scoobyraid.et.html

I do have a map showing seasonal roads north of Lac Jalobert. I once was entertaining this same idea. Their are hundreds of miles of summer roads not maintained in winter. These are summer vacation homes around hundreds of lakes. You can buy gas at Lac Jalobert and jump off trail right their. You will need a map or GPS. Keep in mind no services food or fuel to be found. You guys better know what your doing in the back country. I have always been curious take pics and let us know how you make out.

The link below is a map of Zec Martin Valin. You can see Lac Jalobert. Any road you see above this lake is the back country only accessible by snowmobile. Try and order a hard copy of this map before you go on the trip. Call this number. 418-674-9170 The ladies in the office will mail the map to you. I think I paid 10-12 dollars.

http://mapcarta.com/24717602

Edited by Mac

Didn't get over Scooby way, but blew through My Valin on trail early yesterday morning with Scorpion-Bowl, had a burger and a soup at Chapelle for breakfast - LOL. Rode from Pelchat through Valinouet. Definitely a lot of mountain sleds up there, packs of them in fact. Tracks off trail all over the place. I would say conditions are excellent right now, as good as it gets. It was much colder on the mountain than by the seaway so its holding up great! Go!

Hey guys looking for conditions in Mont Valin area. We have mtn sleds and are looking to do some off trail. Usually go to jackman ME but thinking valin this year because of low snow. Looking at 2/29-3/3. Never been so any info is appreciated. Looking at a place called scooby-raid? In west valin I think. Is this near the hills/powder/good backcountry riding? I talked to Maria there and he says 6ft in the woods ?? I don't want to travel 30 miles to get to the good off trail riding, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks again for the info

J here is a place that will put you right in the heart of back country action. Nice place also... It is easy to find on TQ 93...

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/accommodation-directory/hotel/lauberge-du-31_94631982.html

Edited by Phil 1

Ok guys I booked a Cabin at passion. A little pricey but dinner and breakfast included. And they said they have tons of snow. Anyone want to hook up for some boondocking next wed, thurs or fri??? Would like to find someone that knows the area a bit

Thanks guys

Great site!!

Hey jbird

We are heading up on Saturday, hopefully start riding Sunday. Our plan is to do the exact same thing as you, little trail riding mainly just to find the off trail.. Bringing up a summit, crossfire and a guy on a 121. We did the same trip last year and valin is really good. We stayed at passion last year, but this year we are staying about 20 min away in st. David. We'd probably be up for some riding with you guys on a couple of those days. We will be heading home on the Saturday. Hopefully by Wednesday we will have some of the better areas scoped out. If interested let me know and ill PM you my cell number.

Later.

Jason