Welcome to QuebecRider

smclelan

I ( we NHRR ) have been using the Collett Communicators since Nov 1988. I believe in the product and Collett is a fantastic company to deal with. I have upgraded twice since the 49MHZ units we had in 1988, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. I sold my old 49 MHZ units when I upgraded, and I believe they are still being used by my friends that bought them. A great value, You will get moneys worth.

Welcome Ryan!

I've used Collett communicators for many years, and one thing I've noticed is that they are always improving their product. And every improvement makes them even better than before.

For safety, and convenience, there is no equal. I highly recommend Collett Communicators.

And since I bought a BV2s helmet, I'll be testing that setup this winter and give my report here.

:good:

How appropriate, how well do these work with a bv2s? any installed pics? how about on a cat txi?

Works awesome!!! much clearer then the tubed model, biggest thing you need to worry about is the mic freezing up. Always pull it out of the face piece when done for the day and let it dry. If not it will still have moisture in in the next morning.

Riding with Colletts have proven to be the best thing for us due to convenience and Saftey!!

looked at the web site, what are the recommended units for a bv2s, and a txi, don't really care to have mp3 and that stuff?

Platinum 900 DMS, or Sno Phone DMS

Sno Phone is the stripped down model

I havent been on thier site much lately so maybe they have changed them

Bobler, you would need a Snofone DMS for the BV2S. The DMS is a detachable mic system that sits on the mask, make sure you tell them you have the BV2S, as they also require different speakers to fit inside that model.

The TXi would use a regular Snofone with the voice tube microphone system.

The Snofones are your basic 2 way radio, without any hook-ups for music or cell phone.

Both are available with the club channel option (free of charge) for channel 2.

Ryan

I, too have used Collet stuff for years. I have used the BVS2 for two years and it is great (as indicated).

My question is, it seems fewer and fewer groomers have the beacon or don't bother using it. Has anyone else noticed this? And what can be done to make sure that more groomers use them?

As someone who rides alone or often in front, it would be nice to know that groomer is coming around the next corner...

GW

The best thing to do is have your local snowmobile club contact us directly and we will ship them the groomer warning beacons right away.

They are free of charge, and we have them in stock.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

All of the Pittsburg Ridge Runner Snowmobile Club 4 Pisten Bully and the Snow-Track groomers all have the beacons. :good: Thank you very much for supplying them at NO CHARGE to the club. :)

Also, I received my Snow Phone DMS for my new BV2s helmet and I installed it today. Unfortunately when I hooked it up only the right ear speaker worked. I called your company and in a matter of a few seconds they determined I had the stereo "Micro Blasters" instead of the mono ones. The correct ones are being sent to me at no charge. What great service! :good:

I now have 4 of your communicators and they all work very well and your service is second to none! :yahoo:

Mark :drinks:

Bobler, you would need a Snofone DMS for the BV2S. The DMS is a detachable mic system that sits on the mask, make sure you tell them you have the BV2S, as they also require different speakers to fit inside that model.

The Snofones are your basic 2 way radio, without any hook-ups for music or cell phone.

Ryan

Ryan, I have the DMS 900 Platinum stereo BV2s unit currently, my wife has a DMS 900 stereo platinum modular. We have had the older models as well and really enjoy the product when on the snow. I was planning to buy her a new unit as she has changed to the BV2s helmet this year as well.

Can you comment on how the blue tooth tech is going to work regarding any other interference from other sled electronic emissions// interference from hi Tension power lines?

On the web site I noticed the cellphone conversation requires a change of channels, I assume the normal two way radio conversation that we have while riding, will cut in over the blue tooth music transmission as the wired music unit does?

Also does the blue tooth pull more battery power down than the wired version does?

Thank you for any input.

Best regards

RR

PS I noticed the Blue tooth unit is backed out a few weeks currently with limited production?

Ryan

I had bought the Chatter box set up and could not get it to fit the BV2S so it looks like I will need to get the Collett setup for me and my wife.

I have a question for you, will the Collet comunicate with the Chatter box? some friends I ride with have them, it would be nice if they did.

Ryan, I have the DMS 900 Platinum stereo BV2s unit currently, my wife has a DMS 900 stereo platinum modular. We have had the older models as well and really enjoy the product when on the snow. I was planning to buy her a new unit as she has changed to the BV2s helmet this year as well.

Can you comment on how the blue tooth tech is going to work regarding any other interference from other sled electronic emissions// interference from hi Tension power lines?

On the web site I noticed the cellphone conversation requires a change of channels, I assume the normal two way radio conversation that we have while riding, will cut in over the blue tooth music transmission as the wired music unit does?

Also does the blue tooth pull more battery power down than the wired version does?

Thank you for any input.

Best regards

RR

PS I noticed the Blue tooth unit is backed out a few weeks currently with limited production?

RR

If she already has DMS unit, you only need different speakers and an extension cord to use her modular DMS on a BV2S helmet.

We do not expect a lot of interference from outside sources. The Bluetooth is a low output power transmitter, but would be effected by a microwave oven nearby. It is limited to about 10 feet of operating range, so it's receiver is not very sensitive.

The radio will cut out transmission/reception when the phone rings. Unless you are using your phone through a Zumo or TomTom GPS, you do not have to change the channel, or activate the private mode. This is because the GPS's are using an old Bluetooth protocol and do not support streaming stereo, or the new A2DP protocol.

The cell phone cuts everything out, radio (or passenger) transmission/reception cuts out music from either Bluetooth or direct plug in.

The Bluetooth will use more power than the standard plug in, but we are still seeing over 6 hours when using streaming audio.

The Bluetooth will be back in full production by the end of next week.

GTSE, the Collett radios do not work with the Chatterbox units. We are on 900 MHz, where the Chatterbox are on the FRS frequencies in the 450 MHz range.

I've been using a Samsung M610 phone with excellent results. It has a built in MP3 and streaming stereo, as well as the phone. This is an excellent phone for both purposes.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Ryan

RR

If she already has DMS unit, you only need different speakers and an extension cord to use her modular DMS on a BV2S helmet.

We do not expect a lot of interference from outside sources. The Bluetooth is a low output power transmitter, but would be effected by a microwave oven nearby. It is limited to about 10 feet of operating range, so it's receiver is not very sensitive.

The radio will cut out transmission/reception when the phone rings. Unless you are using your phone through a Zumo or TomTom GPS, you do not have to change the channel, or activate the private mode. This is because the GPS's are using an old Bluetooth protocol and do not support streaming stereo, or the new A2DP protocol.

The cell phone cuts everything out, radio (or passenger) transmission/reception cuts out music from either Bluetooth or direct plug in.

The Bluetooth will use more power than the standard plug in, but we are still seeing over 6 hours when using streaming audio.

The Bluetooth will be back in full production by the end of next week.

GTSE, the Collett radios do not work with the Chatterbox units. We are on 900 MHz, where the Chatterbox are on the FRS frequencies in the 450 MHz range.

I've been using a Samsung M610 phone with excellent results. It has a built in MP3 and streaming stereo, as well as the phone. This is an excellent phone for both purposes.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Ryan

Ryan - Thanks for your help ordering the Groomer beacons for our club. The question I have is I was looking at your website under groomer channels and I don't see our Club (South Warren Snowmobile Club) Do I need to register our club or something.

Thanks,

Bob

No problem Bob! I appreciate hearing the warning beacon as much as anyone.

You can email all your info for the club and we will get it listed. The web list isn't updated all the time, but we will try to get in on right away for you. It is mainly a list of clubs that have been assigned channels and ordered radios in the past.

Ryan