Welcome to QuebecRider

smclelan

RR

If she already has DMS unit, you only need different speakers and an extension cord to use her modular DMS on a BV2S helmet.

We do not expect a lot of interference from outside sources. The Bluetooth is a low output power transmitter, but would be effected by a microwave oven nearby. It is limited to about 10 feet of operating range, so it's receiver is not very sensitive.

The radio will cut out transmission/reception when the phone rings. Unless you are using your phone through a Zumo or TomTom GPS, you do not have to change the channel, or activate the private mode. This is because the GPS's are using an old Bluetooth protocol and do not support streaming stereo, or the new A2DP protocol.

The cell phone cuts everything out, radio (or passenger) transmission/reception cuts out music from either Bluetooth or direct plug in.

The Bluetooth will use more power than the standard plug in, but we are still seeing over 6 hours when using streaming audio.

The Bluetooth will be back in full production by the end of next week.

GTSE, the Collett radios do not work with the Chatterbox units. We are on 900 MHz, where the Chatterbox are on the FRS frequencies in the 450 MHz range.

I've been using a Samsung M610 phone with excellent results. It has a built in MP3 and streaming stereo, as well as the phone. This is an excellent phone for both purposes.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Ryan

Ryan , do we just call customer support to order the compnents to change the modular over to the BV2S? I assume the electronic mike must come with the conversion? as the rubber tube mike does not work on the BV2S

Thank you for your feed Back

RR

RR, the extra parts are if you already have the DMS system. We cannot convert tube style microphones to the DMS.

If you have the DMS system already, you can call 1800-665-7888 to order the extra parts.

Ryan

Ryan, that is my error, the unit my wife uses fits the BRP Modular and has the tube style microph.

thank you for your input, I will order a new unit for the BV2S

RR

• 3 weeks later...
trying to install snofone on bv2s, a little confused as how to install speakers, where do they end up? any pics? or video for install? what secures them in place?

They just fit behind the side padding at the rear of each removable section. Take the side pads out and put the mini speakers in the rear and put the pads back. The padding will hold them in place.

Mark :drinks: