Winter Gathering 2013

Saguenay Bill

Yesterday at Summer Gathering #5 it was decided to have Winter Gathering #3 in the Saguenay Area this year. The details are as follows:

Who: All QuebecRider.com members, family and friends

When: January 18 and 19http://

Where: Delta Saguenay Hotel, Saguenay City. This hotel has completely refurbished in spring of 2012.

www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels/quebec/delta-saguenay/

Room rates: $62 per persom double occuppany+tax, includes the breakfast buffet, $113, two to the room, without the breakfast buffet.

Friday evening the hotel will serve us a buffet supper in a private dining room. The supper will include a salad, vegetables, potato or rice, two entrees, (beef and fish or chicken and lasagna, your choice) desert and coffee. Price will be $25 plus tax and tip.

Saturday evening we will have the beef buffet or order off the menu and be in a private dining room.

On Saturday morning, after breakfast, we will breakup into 4 groups, with a guide, revct1 and 2, farmerold, 182ray and saguenaybill as the guides. We will meetup at noon at Scooby Raid for a buffet lunch. We will be a private dining area. After lunch we will ride in groups back to the Delta Saguenay.

Anyone who would like to explore the Saguenay trails either before or after the Gathering can do so with a guide for as many days as the wish. We will have day trips planned to the Charlevoix, Mont Valin east, Mont Valin west and Tour du Lac St Jean.

When you make your reservation be sure to memtion that you are part of the Winter Gather for QuebecRider.com.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bill,I tried booking tonight I used the 888 # they did not know anything about it,I will call the hotel in the am,thanks for the info

Pat

I will call tomorrow morning. I spoke to the Director of Sales two weeks ago, then he went on vacation for tow weeks. I see if he has covered this with the reservation people.

Bill

I sent an email to the person in charge of reservations on Sunday regarding the Gathering. When I called this morning I was told he is on vacation. I then spoke to Julian, who is taking his place and he is now up to date so you should have no problem making a reservation for the Gathering. If you have any problem get back to me.

I just took a look at the hotels website for booking rates and discovered that if booked and paid in advance, 14 days before, the rates are slightly different (cheaper), was wondering about the group rate, is there something i'm missing here? Perhaps some promos or special services that come with the group?

Help

JG

I just took a look at the hotels website for booking rates and discovered that if booked and paid in advance, 14 days before, the rates are slightly different (cheaper), was wondering about the group rate, is there something i'm missing here? Perhaps some promos or special services that come with the group?

Help

JG

JG

The person who gave me the prices has been on vacation. Suppose to be back tomorrow. I've emailed him and will call him tomorrow morning to find out what is going on.

Bill

X2... I'll wait "till Bill gets back to us with more info from the planner.

JG

That rate is on Delta Hotels site, not Delta Saguenay. It is a great rate however like everything great it has certain other factors. As you stated it is paid for at time of booking. If you cancel, for any reason, it is not refundable. Example: If you book it for 3 nights and for whatever reason you decide to leave early, you will be billed for the room taxes and all. Same is true if you get sick and have to cancel, you pay for the nights you reserved. By going thru the hotel directly you can cancel before 6PM of day of arrival or leave whenever you want without being charged.

If you are going to book a room, call the Delta Saguenay direct. Don't go thru the website as it is Delta Hotels. Phone # is 418-548-3124 or 800-363-3124. Any problems please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

OK. I just made our reservations with the Delta. It felt good to talk with Suzie and Oliver. The days are getting shorter!

If all goes well, Sandi and I will arrive Tuesday evening the 15th. This will give us some time so we can do a little scouting before the Gathering.

After the Gathering we are thinking about a saddlebag trip.

Jack & Sandi

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I stopped at a local embroidery shop to check on the cost of a nice golf style shirt that would be available at this year's Winter Gathering. What I had in mind was having the NEW QuebecRider.com logo. This is the one that is posted on the site as available for sale, In addition to the logo it would also say Winter Gathering 2013 QuebecRider.com The price would be about $27 for sizes S M L XL and about $30 for XXL XXXL XXXXL XXXXXL. This price is

Winter Gathering 2013

for quanities of 25 or more. If less than 25 are ordered, the price would be about $29 each. I don't want to order on speculation but order based upon commitment from those who are attending and would like one. Please get back to me if you are interested. If we have enough interest I would go forward,

I had to change prices slightly. I first posted from memory, as I couldn't find the quote. Just found it now.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Hi Bill,

I'm in for one. Size XL. Also please let me know when you are ready to sell the QC season passes this year.

Best,

Tom

Hi Tom

I'll let you know next week. My contact is off moose hunting up in Zec Onatchiway and should be back this coming week.

Bill