Fremont NH Show?

800steve

Hi Bill, will stop by for sure. Question: Do you have any pull with NHSA to find out which NH clubs will be able to sign up members, and if NHSA will or anyone else there will register sleds?

Its a stupid typical bureaucratic process. Join a NH club so you can get membership sticker#1, present to organization #2 so you can register your sled, present that to organization #3 to buy PQ pass/sticker.

Club membership holds up registration which holds up PQ pass (we know that part is flexible though ;<).

My local club doesn't do memberships until way too late for my liking (i.e. to get the early PQ pass price and be ready in case there is QC riding in November).

So last year I joined a club under the tent at the grass drags (was not organized or prepared to sell memberships), then I was off to the NHSA trailer to register my sleds....but......the folks there said they "ran out" of registration stickers, which I later found out was BS. Turns out they were just tired of filling out the forms all morning and decided to "say" they were out of passes. After learning that, with some begging (since I wanted all my paperwork complete that day if possible) a nice NHSA lady said she would and did register my sled on the spot. Then back to the tent to pay Bill for my QC pass. So it was basically one stop shopping (grass drags) with too much legwork and begging involved!!!

I hope the NH system can be streamlined, it should be "easy" to give money away to clubs and organizations and registrations!!!

I also hope one of more NH clubs steps up and has memberships under the tent with a smile. I realize its all or mostly all volunteer, and little money to the club itself, but its "mandatory" so please give us a break too!

Edited by NH-Moose

Hi Bill, will stop by for sure. Question: Do you have any pull with NHSA to find out which NH clubs will be able to sign up members, and if NHSA will or anyone else there will register sleds?

Its a stupid typical bureaucratic process. Join a NH club so you can get membership sticker#1, present to organization #2 so you can register your sled, present that to organization #3 to buy PQ pass/sticker.

Club membership holds up registration which holds up PQ pass (we know that part is flexible though ;<).

My local club doesn't do memberships until way too late for my liking (i.e. to get the early PQ pass price and be ready in case there is QC riding in November).

So last year I joined a club under the tent at the grass drags (was not organized or prepared to sell memberships), then I was off to the NHSA trailer to register my sleds....but......the folks there said they "ran out" of registration stickers, which I later found out was BS. Turns out they were just tired of filling out the forms all morning and decided to "say" they were out of passes. After learning that, with some begging (since I wanted all my paperwork complete that day if possible) a nice NHSA lady said she would and did register my sled on the spot. Then back to the tent to pay Bill for my QC pass. So it was basically one stop shopping (grass drags) with too much legwork and begging involved!!!

I hope the NH system can be streamlined, it should be "easy" to give money away to clubs and organizations and registrations!!!

I also hope one of more NH clubs steps up and has memberships under the tent with a smile. I realize its all or mostly all volunteer, and little money to the club itself, but its "mandatory" so please give us a break too!

I'm checking and will get back to you.

Bill

Thats great info Bill, thank you checking into it. I think there's a general store around here that registers sleds after I have a club affiliation - LOL

See you there!

John

FYI, you can register your sled in NH with the "non-member" option which means you don't need a local club membership. It's $30 extra, which is what clubs charge typically.

• 2 weeks later...