First ride !

quebec#1

I went out on saterday afternoon to tremblant park, the ranger would not let me in because the park only open's up on the 1st of december.

I ended up driving to the other side, coin-lavigne and rode 110 km on non groomed trails. Their were about 15 machines out and some rocks were visible near the end of the day. St-Come-coin lavigne has about 10 cm of snow on the ground, closer to St-Donat nearly 30 cm

I left Coin Lavigne yesterday rode up to Rouge Matawin and back. Then tried to head up to the Glaciere. Got as far as the hydro lines before turning around.

ATVs destroyed what snow there was. At this point the trail resembled more of a potato field than a trail. We turned around and headed back up the park. All in all 141 kms. Not too bad for the 25th of November.

Unfortunately it's a free for all for the atvs- If the ground was frozen, it would be so bad, but being soft in some areas has caused rocks to be pulled up. Once the groomer does a pass and the trail oficially open, hopefully they will stick to there own trails.

• 2 weeks later...

Returned yesterday from 4 days in Ste-Michelle-des-Saints. Stayed at the Central. We were originally heading for the Monts Valins but dedcided at the last minute to save 5 hours driving time and try the Mastigouche/Mt-Tremblant?Rouge Mattawan after the big snow dump.

Lots of snow. When we arrived, the trail from Ste-Michelle into the Park had still not been opened. To enter the Park, had to go thru St-Donat, St-Come or behind La Glaciere. Park was great, with less traffic than I had imagined. Second day we rode to Las-du-Repos. Great ride. Segment of trails around Lac Toro was well groomed and in nice shape. Next day, down to Koubec, then into the Park. First day the Ste-Michelle relais was open. Then on to Coin Lavigne, into St-Come ND Merci, and up to St-Donat. Trail into the Park had just been opened so easy loop back to Ste-Michelle.

Lakes were frozen over but not yet safe to ride. Hopefully by this weekend all will be safe and interconectivity will be much easier. Clubs are making a good effort to deal with the earlier than anticipated arrival of the season in Lenaudiere and Laurentides.

Generally, 2 to 2 1/2' of snow on the ground. We're well on our way to a great winter in La Belle Province

Timbo

The Keystoner formally acknowledged as

the Blizzard Wizzard

Returned yesterday from 4 days in Ste-Michelle-des-Saints. Stayed at the Central. We were originally heading for the Monts Valins but dedcided at the last minute to save 5 hours driving time and try the Mastigouche/Mt-Tremblant?Rouge Mattawan after the big snow dump.

Lots of snow. When we arrived, the trail from Ste-Michelle into the Park had still not been opened. To enter the Park, had to go thru St-Donat, St-Come or behind La Glaciere. Park was great, with less traffic than I had imagined. Second day we rode to Las-du-Repos. Great ride. Segment of trails around Lac Toro was well groomed and in nice shape. Next day, down to Koubec, then into the Park. First day the Ste-Michelle relais was open. Then on to Coin Lavigne, into St-Come ND Merci, and up to St-Donat. Trail into the Park had just been opened so easy loop back to Ste-Michelle.

Lakes were frozen over but not yet safe to ride. Hopefully by this weekend all will be safe and interconectivity will be much easier. Clubs are making a good effort to deal with the earlier than anticipated arrival of the season in Lenaudiere and Laurentides.

Generally, 2 to 2 1/2' of snow on the ground. We're well on our way to a great winter in La Belle Province

Timbo

The Keystoner formally acknowledged as

the Blizzard Wizzard

timbo,

did you notice if the trail to kanawata was groomed? [that's the secondary trail intersection at repos]

Thanks for the update...