INTERNET PROBLEM

GOOSE

can't sign into my Quebec Rider account. When I click on "sign in" nothing happens. My compter uses XP and mozilia fire fox. I did enable cookies. With Mr. Gutz 's suggesting I tried from Intrnet Explorer. First time I couldn't sign in, then a pop up said to down load Adobe Flash 11.5 . I did this and then I could sign with Internet Explorer, which is not my default browser. Downloaded Adobe Flash 11.5 to the mozilia fire fox, my default browser, but still can't sign in. I am not to knoledgeable with computers, but I am learning. Some times want to smash the thing with a hammer.

Maybe there is some program I need or don't need.

Goose

Edited by GOOSE

can't sign into my Quebec Rider account. When I click on "sign in" nothing happens. My compter uses XP and mozilia fire fox. I did enable cookies. With Mr. Gutz 's suggesting I tried from Intrnet Explorer. First time I coulded sign then a pop up said to down load Adobe Flash 11.5 . I did this and then I could sign with Intrnet Explorer. downloaded Adobe Flash 11.5 to the mozilia fire fox, but still can't sign in. I am not to knoledgeable with computers, but I am learning. Some times want to smash the thing with a hammer.

Maybe there is some program I need or don't need.

Goose

I'm using a 5yr old laptop with windows xp and modzilla firefox, so far no glitches. Try contacting hparaptor, when it comes to computers he's king of the hill.

Keep trying Joe.

JG

A few little things...and you have likely done this already, however...

1. Clear your 'browsing history' and do a restart.

2. You can do an update to Internet Explorer here is where that is.... http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5

3. Call Groomer, open some red wine as he is likely getting a hammer out for his computer right about now. (He is ready for a new one!)

4. Toss computer in the garbage, lets just run to the hills and ride! I know why I like to go to the CAMP!!! NO computers!

Hope it improves!

Linda

No real solution, but a number of ideas to help clear the problem. I run Firefox on Windows 2000 (yea, I know...too lazy to upgrade) with little issues with site logins. Also check windows firewall. Disable it and install zonealarm.

I have used both of the programs listed below and am happy with the outcome. This should clear up any junk in your machine.

As stated above, remove or disable any popup blockers. clean out your cache, and temporary internet files (Download TFC by OldTimer http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe to your desktop - NOTE THIS PROGRAM DELETES TEMPORARY FILES) and do the following:

• Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista or 7, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start
    button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp
    files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute
    or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it’s finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download and install Malwarebytes antimalware http://download.cnet...4-10804572.html and do the following:

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan“, then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. If you are prompted to restart, please allow it to restart your computer. Failure to do this, will cause the infection to still be active on the computer.

Edited by hparaptor

wow, lots of information here. I had success . I reloaded Flash 11,5, turn firewalls off , reboot and was able to "sign in" from my mozzilla fire fox. I may have pushed some other buttons too. I turned firewall back on, but now I am getting some pop ups. I'll get that later. I will try to follow hparaptor suggestions when I have more courage. Give me a Mikuni carb and I'll rejet it with my eyes closed, but with a computer I 'm afraid if i push the wrong button everything will be gone to cyber space. For now I can put the hammer away.

Another great asset of this site is the diversity of members knowledge and their willingness to help with a problem.

Hparaptor, I used to put on many trail rides from my place in Tyringham, but the past few years not to often. It's that busy thing. When I do I will contact you.

Thanks all, for the help, Joe

• 2 weeks later...

again this week computer signed me out of QR and couldn't log in. Last night I followed hparaptor instructions , installed Malwarebytis,scan,deleted bad files, restarted and was able to log in. Thanks for the help

Indeed, I would suspect HCS or OntarioRider.

These usually come from Biologically Informative Sites.

BUT The Berkshire Eagle site has been a leading cause of infection as well in the area.

Becarefull with those removal tools, If you need to run them more than a couple times, the infection may be permanent.

You can loose functions with each more aggressive tool.

GutZ