lindasledgirl

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ray

Nice new ride!

Can you get a weeks worth of cloths in the bags ?

Hey Ray...we have the same sled!! Love the look! I brought a bag home to see how much I can get in....amazed at how much it holds.

I didn't get the bigger windshield.

I have had a USB port installed in the glove box though. For all my technology charging.

Linda

I bought the same one as Crazysnow...the Montana 650 (T or some other letter lol) that is from ski doo that we over paid for haha!!

@Ray...I just hope if I get lost someone can figure out how to use my GPS or the Spot Connect to get me home! lol

And that reminds me....I better get some reading glasses for my new glove box!! Think we'd look funny with one of those old lady chains hanging off our necks snowmobiling??

And Groomer ....don't say anything or I will post a picture of you with yours on! lol

Cheers!

Linda

Ray,

When you get the glove box extension you can mount any gps in there. Snowfarmer has a different GPS than I have in his. Hopefully he will pipe in with which one it is. But the extension would hold anything I am sure. You just put your own bracket in there. Mine is done for me at my dealers, but it looked like something I could do myself.

Crazy...thanks for your pictures!! I pick mine up on Monday. So I haven't seen how it looks yet.

I just spent the whole night setting up my spot connect! I hope to ride this year!! A lot!!!

linda

Not every cradle !I have a Garmin nuvi 550. I had the dealer put mine on but didn't have the GPS with me to try it. Got home wouldn't fit! The locking clip can't open out far enough to get the GPS in. I could shim it out but would take alot of shimming. I will take some pics of what i did do. Not overly happy with it but it does have its pluses .I'm useing RAM mounts and will go this week and see if there are any other parts i can buy to do this better.Now does any body have pics to show how to use the straps for the older style gas tank kit for the back of the sled?. I bought it and have never used it. I know just buy the linq kit and be done with it but i'm frugal when it comes to this stuff. Any help would be great.

RAM Mounts, they have every combination and a search/selector Tool.

http://www.rammount.com/

It is the one I used on the Mach, and the next project.

12th Pic.

Pic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Skidoo-Mach-Z-Renegade-1000SDI-X-PKG-Factory-Longtrack-Best-Offer-/330843335995?pt=Snowmobiles&hash=item4d07ccad3b

GutZ

I am using a Ram mount for my Nuvi 550, works real good, no loose and rattle, fit snug as a bug. Had to get creative to attach to the sled, i used a mirror arm and machined a bracket/adapter to fit the Ram mount to the mirror arm, nice thing about this set up is...it can be transfered to my atv in a jiffy.

Linda

Not sure about using your GPS? Keep it in the car and study it as your using it, as well give yourself some little tasks like find a location even if you already know where it is, this will help you understand how it works and give yourself a chance to tweek the little bugs you find along the way before you really actually need to use it. The spot connect, my choice but don't have it yet, i would suggest to to test the connect feature by simple driving to an area where you have no cell service and send a message via text and/or via the preset messages you enter to either yourself or a friend, i understand there is only 5 messages allowed to be sent with the purchase or more if you purchased a package but never the less it's best to test and understand how the system works in a controlled environment then to learn in a emergency situation. When i get mine up and running i would love to compare notes.

JG