AUBERGE MÉKINAC

gizz

Try Richard at aubergemekinac@globetrotter.net or his cell at 514-219-2010 See if you can get any information.

I know he was closed all year last year. We used to leave out of his place for many years. You could also leave out of Edgar's place Auberge Le Montagnard which is @ 3 miles north on the 155.

Sorry to say Le Montagnard burned down in May 2011, completely destoyed. No news on rebuilding. Very sad lots of memories there.

Mekinac not sure what is up there.

WOW!! Another convenient fire Iceman? I really liked that place also. Great to sit around that 2 sided fireplace in the rocking chairs. Scorpiobowl just loved the food there also!! LOL

Great Spot there. Sorry to hear its closed.

I know winters have been tough for sure.

There is also a big project starting to dredge the river so you will be able to boat all the way to La Tuque in summer.

Should only help to make the place more valuable for sure.

I like Richard for sure a good man always going the extra mile for sure.

The reply was a very short "the place is closed".

I didn't feel like pressing him for any more information. I figured he was entitled to his privacy and i appreciated at least the reply he gave me.

If he does decide to elaborate please fill us in, that was a great spot.

The Hosanna owner is the guy who originally built the Montagnard. Maybe he still owned it & leased it to Edgar. I know you loved the food there Gary!!

Yes Michele and his son. He took us for rides in his Snow Scoot a few times. We used to stay in his cabins up on the mountain. Used to be a great place to start from.

Yes, the fierce and ferocious Gizmo. Half pitbull I think, or at least he thinks.

Celine is a bit ferocious at times too. lol.

Edited by iceman

• 10 months later...