Northshore OF Gaspesie

quebecmountainrider

Looking to ride the northshore of gaspesie..yep where the real mountains are..Ihave been riding here for many years and have found some great spots..but its borring when alone..Dont work all winter..need playmates..and women welcome too...lol...

Ride in the mountains..cuts and logging roads..and anywhere my sled will fit through..Here is a couple of pics from last year..we rode on April the 7-8-9..and it was powder..yep powder...it snowed above 1500 feet..in the month of april..more than 7 feet of snow..yep powder till april 20...My friends went for the mothers day ride..not me I had to do this crap called work..but we ride here usually 6 months....I shall post pics here for Gaspesie..but dont forget..its the noth shore..post-526-0-61579500-1354549688_thumb.jpgpost-526-0-14362900-1354549724_thumb.jpgpost-526-0-17605100-1354549968_thumb.jpgpost-526-0-14044300-1354550029_thumb.jpg.....these are from April 7-8-9 2012....jack

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So looks like Mont Valin is toast.. :help: .my friend just told me they have 5-6 inches and its custy and icey...

But on the other hand..mountainforecast says for the next 6 days below 0 above 1500...yep its winter in the mountains of the north shore of gaspesie...In area X where we ride there is 3 feet...and its not all crusty....also they expect more snow on monday...everywhere else seems to be borderline or rain...I shall ride the 25 dec till maybe again mothers day..should be a great chirstmas holidays...Thats why we bought a place there..tiered of no snow and the crouds at valin..Will keep you guys up to date..I shall ride for you...lol... :db:

Quebec Mountain Rider, It will be great to have someone that rides that area alot and can keep us posted on conditions. Sounds like you have a great knowledge of that area . We have been riding through that area between cap chat and grand vallee , murdochville and la cache dozens of times over the past 30 years, just have never been there for early riding or just to hang and explore the off trail roads and elevations. It truly appears to be an awesome area to do some local riding. Mt valin is struggling for early snow cover this year, (as is everyone) we did get some riding up there last weekend before the rain on sunday.

Best regards RR

The first is at sealevel..the next at the bridge . 1500 where we launch in mid april to the end.then they go up to where the sled hit a stump,,its 4 feet deep and at 2500..no harm to the sled.Just starting to get some good base .lots of gravel cause of no base..below 1500..Last week you had to drive to the bridge 14k to that place by truck.Still early.Ask my buddy who hit the stump..These pics are before the storm hit at lunch.then they could barely see.so there is another 20cm on the ground since those pics were taken. jack

post-526-0-57833900-1355185148_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-12821000-1355185196_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-99202900-1355185216_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-03789000-1355185269_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-28761600-1355185301_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-45784700-1355185324_thumb.jpg

Like I said..the trails are open from mont-st-piere to la Martre..just before saint-anne-des-monts..This is where the snow is always the best..thanks to the snow squalls which add to the snow fall..You can ride the roads and atv trails etc.Its winter..

The trails all over quebec north of the river...will all be open by the weekend.but if there are rivers and streams to cross,that might make the trail limited,but everyone is getting lots of snow..jack

I have the same drive.8-9 hours .But use to go to mont valin..3 hours shorter..but then 50-75 ks on sled just to get to where we would be with less people to ride off trail..Every day..Love to cut tracks..So the 3 hours more to gaspesie and then the 5 min ride out the back yard to where no one is..you think I made the right decisition..lol..The pictures get better when I ride all through April.....jack

Well while most of Gaspesie got rain, the north shore got mostly snow..Today we are getting 5cm more but they are calling for a monster storm on thursday.The mountains are still powder ( 4-7 foot base ).Sealevel is a little icey.Were a little behind in the acumulation department,but I am sure that will change in the next couple of weeks.I shall keep you guys up to date on conditions...enjoy the holidays..jack

Edited by quebecmountainrider

Well while most of Gaspesie got rain, the north shore got mostly snow..Today we are getting 5cm more but they are calling for a monster storm on thursday.The mountains are still powder ( 4-7 foot base ).Sealevel is a little icey.Were a little behind in the acumulation department,but I am sure that will change in the next couple of weeks.I shall keep you guys up to date on conditions...enjoy the holidays..jack

Thank you for the update Jack, we are headed out today for another run to the north shore, waiting for more good reports on the south side, keep our fingers crossed for the storm system this week

RR

We didnt get lots from the last storm.10cm at sealevel and 15cm at 2500 up.The trails are good around here.They still need another storm in the south.The storm going by now is going to rap around and give 20cm at sealevel to 35cm at 3000+ feet.The mountainforecast never lies..lol..This snow is all the eastern point of gaspesie..I think that most if not all the trails will open..It will take time as the trails around here are not easy to groom.There is tons here now.You can ride anywhere except in cuts.Sometimes they cut the trees in the winter which leaves a 2 foot stump.This is why you need the 4 foot base not just powder.So anyone who wants to play in the backcountry or ride trails, fields,www. gaspe-snowmobile-adventures.com is ready for you.But if your looking for the mountainsled rush....Its almost ready for the long tracks. jack

Yes it snowed..We got 40cm at sealevel and 3-4 feet above 1000feet..I know its hard to believe but I have pics...The trails were groomed yesterday.No one has been on them.Tons of snow here.We got 3-4 feet at sealevel now.The mountains are really deep now.Here are some pics of tracks my son and I did yesterday.You can see the handlebar and seat only in one pic..Tracks on logging roads.And the one I am standing on the road.You could not get off your sled anywhere.If you did you sank 2-4 feet.. jack

post-526-0-64039100-1357132376_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-84510100-1357132414_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-46816900-1357132438_thumb.jpg

What an epic day..More than 1 foot of new powder over night..It also snowed all day to the tune of 10cm more..We have been getting snow squawls all week, and its starting to really add up..There was 4-5 feet of pow pow today..Its crazy deep....Its close to 7 feet deep ABOVE 1500 FEET,..Ask my son ryan..He stood on the road and sank up to his chest.Hes 6-4..RMK 163 only today..Anything less than 162 up will get stuck..When we start off its pined and you go into a wheelie cause the snow is sooooo deep..We even had to quite often rock the sled side to side to get it to go.Thats deep!!!!

post-526-0-24872100-1357423568_thumb.jpg

We are running 2.5 163 stock Polaris..I think this is the best track I have ever ridden..I have a camo extream on my yammie 162 with 14psi and I still think the rmk track is better..AND I am not brand friendly..I use what I think is good..Changeing the back bumper cause its junk..and I broke it the first day..lol..I also had to role the sled and the hand gaurd broke off..lol..going to get the softy ones..jack

When I was out in Wyoming at Togwotee Lodge 10 years ago I tried all the sleds they had. I loved the Polaris 800 RMK the best. It had the power needed with the high elevation out there & the 3" paddles gave the needed push. FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy & be safe. Are you attending the gathering at LSJ?

Tom

Hi Tom,whish I could go,but I have to ride then..I mean work..lol..Maybe next year depends on if I have guest that week or not.

If you ever get down here I shall let you try an RMK in the fields here for a few hours..no its not a rental..I have 2..One for my son.Just pay the gas... jack