Northshore OF Gaspesie

quebecmountainrider

Your right rmk.He tried to turn but it didnt so instead of letting go of the gas and stand on the side to let the sled surf to the right.There was no need to give gas and set it up. He sat and tried to turn still...too funny...I spent 9 hours in my truck,and then in the yard for an hour.Telling him how to stand and how to set the sled up,work the gas to turn etc.But like all guys that know how to ride sleds..He was listining through his big balls..lol.And hes a friend for 30 years..You think he would listin..When he went in front of me..He trail rode the sled the hole time..lol...I told him to practice last year on a crossfire..you think he did..nope hes like anyone else who comes with a Mountain sled for the first time. (.People..Its not the sled..I can ride my wifes attak in pow pow but have to beat the crap out of it cause its a 136 with 1.5 lug on it .)..I was wondering when he was going to crash..lol..When you ride off trail or in the mountains..Leave your balls at home if your a newbie..Newbie means you know nothing..You are a beginner..He has a new attitude though..lol..

Time to be humbled or realize you are again a beginner...is not when your sled is down a cliff or you hit a tree..I have seen a guy hang from a branch after going off the side.We got the sled out.Heres a pic from it.3 hours to get it.LuckY it stopped 40 yards down the cliff..Some small trees caught it.Missed some big trees.Would have never seen that sled again if it had gone all the way down.. Jack

post-526-0-60553100-1360592011_thumb.jpg

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sooooo happy..finally a real storm to go on the 2 feet at sea level and the 6 feet in the mountains..POW POW on Monday..Will it be like January 1 again..remember.. jack

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caqc0336

post-526-0-20820100-1360767211_thumb.jpg

Edited by quebecmountainrider

I'll believe it when its on the ground.

Monday is a long way off things can change.

I hope they are guessing right but we all know at this point that is all it is a guess. They Lie those weather people.

Jack

Get ready, I am with the group coming in wed and we got an "ATTITUDE"

Good..cause do you remember when you were 18..imagine if you had a mountain sled..lol..well my 18 year old is here cause he wanted to ride with you guys.Now he has attitude..And he compaires himself to an old man like me..lol..He still thinks its strenth over skill..kids.See you guys in the storm .Shall put some pics up tomorrow ..jack

Good..cause do you remember when you were 18..imagine if you had a mountain sled..lol..well my 18 year old is here cause he wanted to ride with you guys.Now he has attitude..And he compaires himself to an old man like me..lol..He still thinks its strenth over skill..kids.See you guys in the storm .Shall put some pics up tomorrow ..jack

When I was 18 we were lucky just to keep the sleds running never mind move in anything over 6" of powder. Our group ranges in age from 18 to 53, not one of us is afraid to take on anything and work together to get thru anything, we call it snowmobiling when things get interesting should I say

When I was 18 we were lucky just to keep the sleds running never mind move in anything over 6" of powder. Our group ranges in age from 18 to 53, not one of us is afraid to take on anything and work together to get thru anything, we call it snowmobiling when things get interesting should I say

Spoken like a true mountainrider..Glad to hear that you guys are so helpful..Does this mean you want me to bring my Yammie instead of my rmk.With gas it weighs 825lbs..throw some snow in the track ..lol..and you can top 1000 lbs..14 psi if you guys want to try it.Not good for trees.

we have 5+cm so far and its still snowing..No wind but that will change.Safe driving..jack

Went for a little ride to a camp up the road and never made it..Snowing to hard .We rode to 1400 and there was 1.5 feet of pow pow.There is close to a foot at sea level..Pretty sure the trails will close..We saw some drifts 4-6 feet already..jack

we also saw 6 snow slides on the side of the road.This is a warning for more to come.Even Gaspesie Avalanche is talking about snow slides and avalanches from all this wind and snow..

Yahooo its here..The pow pow..We got like 1 foot at sea level and looks like close to 3 feet in mountains..here is a pic from a short ride before breackfast...jack

snowing still too hard to get good pics..And we wont be riding the cuts..Cant see above 1400 feet..Its snowing too hard still..20+ More for the chic-chocs..hey my backyard..lol.... jack

post-526-0-33003300-1361203999_thumb.jpg

Yahooo its here..The pow pow..We got like 1 foot at sea level and looks like close to 3 feet in mountains..here is a pic from a short ride before breackfast...jack

snowing still too hard to get good pics..And we wont be riding the cuts..Cant see above 1400 feet..Its snowing too hard still..20+ More for the chic-chocs..hey my backyard..lol.... jack

OK !!! I'm really Jealous Now...... looks Awsome .... :drinks: Thanks Jack ....

OK !!! I'm really Jealous Now...... looks Awsome .... :drinks: Thanks Jack ....

And thank you to the trail rider who gave me 20$ for getting him dug out.Good thing I stopped ,he was 78 years old...He was going on the # 5 from mont-louis..lol..He was stuck 50 yards from the road.On flat land.Saw him from the road when I was driving from my buddys place.You guys have to realize we dig guys out all the time..for free..He told me to buy a coke.Just glad he made it out.There were 6-7 sleds that made it to mont-louis.Guys the trails are closed here.The guys are not going out till the morning.Then we are getting more snow on weds-thurs.Please do not ride the trails.You will get stuck.Theres tooo much snow for anything other than long tracks with paddles.Shall post more pics as soon as we get a chance to ride without snow,wind.Crazysnow here..lol..why arnt you..Video up on my site tonight,. jack

Yes the boys from Connecticut didnt come short on the ATTITUDE talk..These guys rode Hard.Had a fun time with this group.Always trying something.Was lots of fun, hope to ride with them again..Thanks guys..jack

my wife is going to put pics up on site next week.Some pretty cool action shots..

post-526-0-19573500-1361759492_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-49615700-1361759574_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-99653900-1361760034_thumb.jpg

http://www.centreava...c.ca/bulletins/

I tried to save the translated version but then it wouldn't upload....Avalanche safety info seminar.

There is lots of info there too, pretty interesting and tons of snow!

Edited by lindasledgirl

Hi Linda..thanks for the info..But I already have taken the Avy course last year..And I passed..lol..I am in the motoneige magazine for Quebec..Took it with Adrenaline hors-piste.Not all guides have it..There is no law that says we have to have it..But you should around here...Now off with another group for a day of sun shine.. jack

I use this when we ride certain areas..This is why you need a guide here in the haute gaspesie..

Thanks again Jack, Eva and Ryan for your knowledge, help and hospitality. We had an awesome time and look forward to next year. What a cool place to ride, and there is definately no shortage of scenery or snow!

Your very welcome.Had fun too...

Went today with 4 Ontarioains..What beautiful blubird day.Lots of tracks but we still rode some virgin POW POW..If you know where to look.Hers a few pics but lots will be on site soon.

My son in the first.

The gang in the second.

Jason ( schnid21 ) doin it.

Last me rding too..

post-526-0-67562700-1361837895_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-70459800-1361837929_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-02813100-1361837997_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-75690000-1361838033_thumb.jpg