Northshore OF Gaspesie

quebecmountainrider

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good..There are 3 mountain shovels at the door for guests and I also have probe sticks for when we ride the cuts in the mountains..Havent been in any Avalanches but have rode some snow slides..lol..But dont worry its rare here.But last year they had more than 50 Avalanches in one day.When we had that crazy melt.They arent big here but they drag you to the trees and thats why there are more deaths and injuries in North America than Europe...And you thought the stumps were the danger..I have taken the couse and we check the Avalanche forcast from Avalanche Gaspesie every morning...There was a death last year. A skier stopped and his friend started to come down and it set one off..He was pushed over a cliff and fell to his death....

They are very rare so dont worry...Backcountry adventure..lol..thrill too sometimes.. jack

Edited by quebecmountainrider

The sun came out after a week of snowing on and off..To the tune of 4 feet+ of pow pow..Here are a few pics..Of my son and I riding in the cuts.We hit but only the tracks..Still got straight tabbles..lol...for those of you who follow the blog on my site.There will be more pics and videos on the site by mid week. Jack..

post-526-0-39703600-1357617447_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-56019900-1357617493_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-50816600-1357617540_thumb.jpg

Jack,

THAT is AMAZING! Gaspesie is my FAVORITE place to ride bar none! I will let you know next time we head that way. Maybe we can hook up. Hopefully I will have my Renegade by then.

Shane

Jack,

THAT is AMAZING! Gaspesie is my FAVORITE place to ride bar none! I will let you know next time we head that way. Maybe we can hook up. Hopefully I will have my Renegade by then.

Shane

Come on, just put a 2.5 paddle track on that shorty and bring a snorkel!

Come on, just put a 2.5 paddle track on that shorty and bring a snorkel!

A snorkel? How about a SCUBA tank? lol

Hi Shane..never to old to try something new..I have only been mountain riding since 2006.Before that I was a trail rider.So yes you can teach a dog new tricks..lol..This is what you can expect..People see this mountain from the trail..but they dont see whats on the other side.We do..Hope you come to see what you miss when driviing from place to place on the trails..The fun is trying to get there... jack

post-526-0-66783400-1357735393_thumb.jpg

Hi Shane..never to old to try something new..I have only been mountain riding since 2006.Before that I was a trail rider.So yes you can teach a dog new tricks..lol..This is what you can expect..People see this mountain from the trail..but they dont see whats on the other side.We do..Hope you come to see what you miss when driviing from place to place on the trails..The fun is trying to get there... jack

Ive been wanting to try a 163 I went back to 144 last year. Thinking next season a 163. My little guy can handel the 144 better so he will keep that for some time. What area or town are you in? I have some other question I will pm you some time.

RMK... I had a little guy once...but now I am the little guy..lol..Watch it cause soon hes going to catch up.Mine did.Hes still not as good but will pass me soon.lol..Happy to see another old dog wanting to learn new tricks.Or atleast wanting to try something new..You will have a blast for sure.Got video and new pics on my site.www.gaspesnowmobileadventures.com ...Will post some more when I get a chance to.Looks like I will this weekend cause there will be no pow pow after this weekend..Too hot..But no rain here like the rest of Quebec..Hope it snows soon again.. jack

This is in the back of the Sled Den. 3 miles long by 200 yards wide of hydro to ride at 1200 feet in back of the house.10 ks to get to the hydros and have spent the day riding with newbies before going into the cuts.And roads, also atv trails etc.We didnt have to leave the backyard for 3 days.The only reason we went somewhere else was to check out a new spot.There is 2-3 days riding in the back of the house..Mont-st-Pierre is limited by the park.The boundry is really close to that area.No cuts that are out of the park there.Mont-Louis has cuts right next to the trail.See lots of people stop and watch.But thats only at 1200 feet so sometimes the snow is too thin there to ride them.We only ride 2 spots in Mont-st-Pierre area.One is a sidehilling trail with a 1000 foot cliff next to it. ( I have a pic on my site with a come along chained to a sled ) The snow drifts there and turns the atv trail into 35 degree+ slope.Its a sick mountain goat trail.

There are skandic trails that run to all the towns.If the locals tell you where they are.Usually they dont want us on them cause we trench too much.We dont when we go on these trails.In return they have told me some more that I had not found yet.Tons to just ride down and see where they end up.Sometimes its an adventure to turn around,but thats riding off trail in new areas. jack

For you guys who think we lost our snow..Here is a pic from in my yard..This is the sled garrage.We got 5-10cm from the squalls and more today..there is still 2 to two and a half feet at sealevel..Now we have a little lose snow for cooling..

The mountains got more like 15cm this week..but whos counting..Finally I can go

post-526-0-22561900-1358518369_thumb.jpg

We are expecting 20-30 cm Sunday.Lets hope we get more like the last one..Will post pics and report on trails with pics MONDAY.I will still post just going to put most of the pics and videos on mine..After I go for a POW POW ride. Jack

Hoping to be going through that very intersection next weekend Jack. I can see the North shore snow level is pretty good but want to do a bit of a loop from the South shore. There isn't much snow in the forecast for the New Richmond, Carelton area!

Murdochville to la cache then to saint-anne-des-monts,and back down the coast to Murdochville For me is the best ride for veiws in all of Quebec.Only done it once.But it was unreal..Looks like more snow for next weekend.Enjoy the empty trails... jack

OK now when is some one going to ride by..lol..Its going on 5 days now since the groomer drove by.I think the groomer is the only guy driving the trails..Got some snow from the system and now todays snow squalling like a banche..Wind 80-100 ks.But got snow..Heres A pic.. jack

More pics on site.

post-526-0-91064000-1358796703_thumb.jpg

Here we go again..lol..another 10 cm in the forecast..maybe we will get lucky.

Found some pow pow with some locals I ride with..The wind blew it all into the trees.So we rode in 1-2 feet of pow pow..Pics..lol..Too dame cold. :shok: .We rode for 3 hours and then were too cold ..Dont dress the same so when its colder than say -15..My clothes are either trail or off..Sweat or freeze...hmmm..This just started at the Sled Den AGAIN..Weather net says Blizzard :help: ...Shall take pics tomorrow ...Jack

post-526-0-41520400-1358972064_thumb.jpg

Too cold..no one wanted to play today.So I went alone.Theres powder....Follow the link to the blog for a full report with pictures.It will be up tonight....Jack

post-526-0-56250000-1359066544_thumb.jpg

Well just got a call from a friend down in Gaspesie. He said that another 15 cm fell on the north shore of the Haute Gaspesie since I left friday in a bad snowsquall..Still not much 5-7 ks in but lots on the coast.The snow squalls are working over time this year.They are riding today cause its going to n rain in all Quebec..jack