Northshore OF Gaspesie

quebecmountainrider

We got rain but we got snow before it hit..There is still snow.The trails have survied.On the north shore of gaspesie.But its all turning cement.

I shall be there for the 3 feb so I will posting some pics of the snow in the area.check the blog for all the pics. jack

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meto says that there is a low that is going to turn into a weather bomb..love those..The east of N.B. and Sanite-anne-des-monts east is getting snow..Less when you go more west.As much as 30+But it might even be higher cause its hard to pin point how low the bar presure will drop..Last year this happened we got 4 feet..I m serrious in the mountains ..This is a picture of my buddys cat when we were in the 100+cm that fell in the chi-chocs..We are on a road in back of my house...Its stuck and its cause its only a 154..lol..too short. I hope they screw up again.They said 64cm and now 34+..lol..who knows.. jack

The snow guns are on again..The road is snow covered from Mattan on..and dangerous from sainte-anne-des-monts to grande vallee..More snow for me.The snow squalls are for the next 2 days.

post-526-0-28594000-1359860541_thumb.jpg

Edited by quebecmountainrider

Jack,

How does the Tundra carry the sled rack? I've been looking into one, who makes that one?

AWWWWWSUM...I wanted a Dodge.My wife bought me a Tundra.It pulls 2 more on a trailer and if the road is flat and no head wind it will run in overdrive..Ususally all the time in overdrive when only 2 on the top...You can get a cheaper priced deck from a company in ontario I think..Snow tracks shows them..They have all kinds..Mine was 3500.But then I had to put springs so it would carry my 2 yamatons..lol..But you do have to add more suspention or the truck will rock allot..Love my deck..140 KILAMETERS..was the fastest I have driven with it..lol..Was in a hurry for snow..How about the bumpy roads with your trailer..lol..for me I have a truck..What bumps..Get one.It has a ramp you pull out and then its a hudge truck. jack

I saw it first hand at the Demo day in Ile Bizards which I might add was cancelled by Yamaha Canada but brought back to life by Sergio from Newman Sports in Pierrefonds. Jack talked my arm off all about his rig, nice set up and can be used for atvs as well, sleds on top leaves room in the box for storage and sides of the platform are retractable so when there is no load they can be retracted to the width of the vehicle. Ok, sleds are not in a closed structure but for long distance travelling it's the way to go, no trailer bearings to worry about and lots of traction. Great set up Jack.

Nice seeing you again

JG

Or just buy more truck! Then you do not even know that the tailer is even back there! LOL! I drive a crew cab dually with a duramax diesel and I dont know the trailer is there until I look in the mirror. Seriously though I looked at the decks a few years ago good idea, but the trailer is also my year round storage garage for the sleds.

Jack keep the pics coming! I love looking at all the deep powder pictures.

The sun is commin out and theres 20-30cm and the wind is blowin..Just saw 8 trail sleds go by the house on the 132..Not a good sign,when you see that..The wind and snow might have closed the trails cause of the drifts..We shall see...Shall post pics on the Gaspesie powder rides..Will post pics of the trail riders from Maine riding there trail sleds in the Mountains..jack

Did some toring today.Tried some pogging roads and ran into some 6-8 foot drifts..Was withe guest and they were not mountain riders.Had a blast riding some roads and trails.I sent my wife a bunch.With a report.. jack

post-526-0-22602300-1360209013_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-70022900-1360209230_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of a newbie who almost lost his 2013 RMK 163 with less than 300 ks on it..I have the whole thing on video..It will be on my site on Monday or Tuesday.Was a nice warm day today.I have this on video and its goiing to be on my site this week. . jack

Dont sit down..

post-526-0-06010800-1360440811_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-00624800-1360441038_thumb.jpg

Edited by quebecmountainrider

Here is a picture of a newbie who almost lost his 2013 RMK 163 with less than 300 ks on it..I have the whole thing on video..It will be on my site on Monday or Tuesday.Was a nice warm day today.I have this on video and its goiing to be on my site this week. . jack

Dont sit down..

nice pics looks like some one needs to learn how to plant that sleds ass (not his) and use the gas at he right time.