Northshore OF Gaspesie

quebecmountainrider

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The group I am riding witht this week..Voted this picture as pics of the day.They loved the windmill in the background..Sometimes its not the mountains in the back that count..Jack

Looks good Jack. That's a big issue for me on the summit line up trans to the front of energ. and weigh. they lift to easy on slopes. I was told that they have it changed for the 14 line up. I was thinking about a summit but the last one was a pina with the lift. Trying to find out more info before I buy this spring

They all lift with the paddles and 800..if you dont want that.. get a 600 so it wont lift..They have plenty of power..The 800 is more a big balls thing..I like the fact the sled will lift..Its saved my butt a few times..Once you learn how to use the power its all good..The mountain sled is made to ride with the skies not touching..These things when up like that are easy to worm them around stuff..Come here and we can spend time..I have a 154 summit and my rmks you can try..You should really try a mountain..They are tippy..They ride great in the pow pow..But its not the same on packed ..You should really try one before you buy...jack

Pic looks great Jack. I do like the windmill in the background. At first I didn't notice the windmill but once noticed, it almost looks like the snowmobile is challenging the windmill.

Are those ice scratchers hanging down under the track?

I'm just an old trail rider but the mountain riding does look fun!

Jack

They all lift with the paddles and 800..if you dont want that.. get a 600 so it wont lift..They have plenty of power..The 800 is more a big balls thing..I like the fact the sled will lift..Its saved my butt a few times..Once you learn how to use the power its all good..The mountain sled is made to ride with the skies not touching..These things when up like that are easy to worm them around stuff..Come here and we can spend time..I have a 154 summit and my rmks you can try..You should really try a mountain..They are tippy..They ride great in the pow pow..But its not the same on packed ..You should really try one before you buy...jack

Thanks for the invite Jack. I've had both machines in the past Rmk's now. I get the power but Doo claims they changed the skid to help with lift. They have more then the rmk it isnt always wha you want in a sled. Have you heared te same or any feed back on the new units via test rides throught your self or freinds?

Pic looks great Jack. I do like the windmill in the background. At first I didn't notice the windmill but once noticed, it almost looks like the snowmobile is challenging the windmill.

Are those ice scratchers hanging down under the track?

I'm just an old trail rider but the mountain riding does look fun!

Jack

Yes we had them on cause it was a little crusty so made sure we all had good cooling..These were the ones you can back up with..Ill stick to mine..

Thanks for the invite Jack. I've had both machines in the past Rmk's now. I get the power but Doo claims they changed the skid to help with lift. They have more then the rmk it isnt always wha you want in a sled. Have you heared te same or any feed back on the new units via test rides throught your self or freinds?

Your nevr too old..just gets harder..I have been told by My buddy who I rode with that his T-motion etc 163 2013 is wicked..Dint try it.But I will this week commin with the big snow commin..Hes commin back down next Friday.Shall try it and let you know.Just dont like those sleds..guess its a french thing..lol..jack

I've been taking a peek now'n then, you got a lot of pictures to look at Jack, I'm gonna have to come out and see you sometime, try some mountain riding. I especially enjoyed the video of the newbie sitting on his sled and almost losing it down that slope.

JG

BOYS....Almost all the pics are just guests..I take 150 pics or more a day..I dont ride the cuts so there are less tracks..I am here for you guys..This is why I bring you to a spot take pics and give pointers on how to ride..If you want..Trying to get 2 163 RMKs to rent next year..But if you just want to try them for a bit..we could go to the field in the back of the house..Thats free..lol..Sure would be fun guys..

I cancelled 2 groups of 6 this week..The snow sucked..One group still came for 1 day cause it went to cement the next day..They left there sleds and stuff to come back in the storms next weekend..We still had fun as you see from the pics..

Did I mention the fire to cook the food.When we stop for lunch...

April is the crab ride..We will be on the mountain with sleds and shall cook crabs..should be really cool..going to make it a year event..Anyone who comes and stays here will eat as much crab for free..Get it cooked and cleaned for 3.50 $ a pound..Then we will just warm it in a pot..Shall post pics of that..Never seen anything like that sledden.. Jack

I will ride mothers day this year..

We shall see what the weather brings.The pic on my banner is at the top of the road, ( 2400 ) where we drive down 1500 feet to the truck.At the end of April and the beginning of May..And yes the road is steep and your ears pop when you go down..Its like riding in the rockies..You have to truck to the snow into the inner part of Gaspesie..But also go up in elavation..True backcountry riding.I have a 4x4 with a deck for 2 sleds.I go and park where I want in spring..lol..Jack

Theres no snow on my lawn here for the last 4-5 weeks we ride..BUT I STILL SEE IT IN THE MOUNTAINS FROM MY SLED DEN...

BOYS....Almost all the pics are just guests..I take 150 pics or more a day..I dont ride the cuts so there are less tracks..I am here for you guys..This is why I bring you to a spot take pics and give pointers on how to ride..If you want..Trying to get 2 163 RMKs to rent next year..But if you just want to try them for a bit..we could go to the field in the back of the house..Thats free..lol..Sure would be fun guys..

I cancelled 2 groups of 6 this week..The snow sucked..One group still came for 1 day cause it went to cement the next day..They left there sleds and stuff to come back in the storms next weekend..We still had fun as you see from the pics..

Did I mention the fire to cook the food.When we stop for lunch...

April is the crab ride..We will be on the mountain with sleds and shall cook crabs..should be really cool..going to make it a year event..Anyone who comes and stays here will eat as much crab for free..Get it cooked and cleaned for 3.50 $ a pound..Then we will just warm it in a pot..Shall post pics of that..Never seen anything like that sledden.. Jack

I will ride mothers day this year..

BOYS???

Lets see how I can save this one..lol..Linda the reason why I say BOYS..is cause from what I have heard and seen ..being with you,is like being with one of the boys. :give_rose: Does that work..lol..Besides Linda,I was kind of thinking you would show up with a bunch of women :db: and not these old farts :diablo: from the site..lol.... Jack

Edited by quebecmountainrider

Lets see how I can save this one..lol..Linda the reason why I say BOYS..is cause from what I have heard and seen ..being with you,is like being with one of the boys. :give_rose: Does that work..lol..Besides Linda,I was kind of thinking you would show up with a bunch of women :db: and not these old farts :diablo: from the site..lol.... Jack

Ha ha ha i almost pi$$ed my pants, you're gonna love Linda when you meet her just wait'n see.

Don't worry Jack...I still love ya! I try to keep up with the "boys" but believe me, it takes all I have. I think it is getting tougher the last year or two...but my heart is still in it!!

We must get together soon!!

Linda

Ha ha ha i almost pi$$ed my pants, you're gonna love Linda when you meet her just wait'n see.

Ahh thanks JG!! You are sweet!

Nice try Jack! Hey Linda I bet Jack will give you a free night or two to cover his faux pas! Lol

Now you are thinking Tom...you can be the secretary and the customer service dept! lol

Yahooooo ...all this on top of 8 feet....yahooooo...the weathernet is saying 70+ cm...yahoooooooo.......jack

This forecast is for Murdochville which is 45 min from my place..Like I tell my guests..sometimes a little drive..means 1-2 feet more of pow pow..And that goes for altitude too..

Edited by quebecmountainrider

What a storm..We got close to 5 feet above 2500..Nuts..Here is a pic from today..Sorry been too busy to even come on site..AND LOVIN IT.. jack

And 15 last night and another bunch tomorow night..You guys know wheres theres tons of pics.

post-526-0-82674200-1364254823_thumb.jpg

When you reach a certain age.You stop doing things.But some of us ..start new things.Chantal is a 15 year trail rider.Now 4 times off trail..2 times with me..She is doing pretty good in the 4-5 feet of pow pow we got from the maybe storm..lol..Did I mention shes 45..By far one of my best students.

The pic with the funny looking trail helemet..lol..is Dave..He has ridin off trail 5 times..All with me..Another student I am very happy with..It really is that easy..powder turns that is...Jack

post-526-0-54332900-1364482970_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-66037900-1364483017_thumb.jpg

Happy Easter!!

de Sayabec à Ste-Irène, Montagne St-Pierre (Radar) damé de cette nuit. Profitez-en, les conditions sont excellentes dans ce secteur et nouvelle neige au Radar