L'Etape Trail Changes?

scorpionbowl

On the drive to Monts Valin last weekend, I couldn't see where TQ23 crosses Highway 175 in L'Etape. After the road construction for 4-lanes they installed a guardrail between the North and South bound lanes, so I can't see where TQ23 could cross the highway near Auberge Le Relais. Anyone know where it is now?

I read about the trail re-location on another site, but I can't find the article. Anyhow if I remember correctly it was relocated from directly in front on the Auberge Le Relais (where there is now 4 lanes?) to a few kms down to where the road is still 2 lanes. I'll keep looking and see if I can find the info.

La traversée de la route 175 sera quelques km plus bas que le relais soit au secteur Launière.

À cet endroit il y a suffisamment d'espace entre les 2 voies pour permettre au surfaceur et sa gratte de faire un stop entre les 2 voies.

Les gens qui arriveront de St-Raymond passeront à cette endroit pour se rendre au Esso ou au Coq Roti de l'Étape en venant rejoindre du côté nord de la 175 le sentier 369 de l'Arrière-Pays en provenance de Québec.

Il y aura aussi un sentier local pour rejoindre le Relais de la SEPAQ du rôté sud de la 175.

Basically it says the trail will pass a few kms lower where there is enough room between the 4 lanes so the groomer and drag can stop safely without blocking and road. The trail from St Raymond goes this way and there will be a short local rail that will take you to "Auberge le Relais" which is rumor to be levelled next year to be replaced with a new building.

Thanks Groomer.