Balbuzard Sauvage

Mid Range

Great. Hopefully they will install a larger fuel tank so they have the capacity to fill every persons sled to the top. Also they should increase the water pressure & add showers in the cabins. It's amazing how the great fire did not take that place!

Edited by Florida Snowman

New owners. According to a local from Val d'Or, he knows the new owners and things will change for the better.

This is good news. I like stopping there, it is a nice spot. Maybe someday the itinerary will have me stay there for a night. As long as the food is good, the beds are clean and the rooms are warm, all the rest can be tolerated.

I stayed there various times with the different owners. First owner was an old gal and not the best attitude I found.

Last owner's wife was fine and fun to chat & have a few with. her husband is another story and likely why most didint like the place.

They charged a lot for the gas on purpose. They didn't have access to refilling all the time and new most sledders could get by with less and by charging a lot people would be dis couraged which they were. I think they should have just posted a sign of 10 liter maximum and be fairer with the gas.

All the same, things are looking up!

This is good news. I like stopping there, it is a nice spot. Maybe someday the itinerary will have me stay there for a night. As long as the food is good, the beds are clean and the rooms are warm, all the rest can be tolerated.

We stayed there a couple of times when Annick was the owner. Loved the cabins. Clean and cozy and good food.