Congratulations to smclelan new Pres. of CCSO

Mid Range

Congratulations Steven for your nomination as the new President of CCSO. I have attached files of the article featured in the latest issue of Motoneige Québec Magazine. Keep up the good work!!

and here`s the english version of the article.

Bonjour Motoneige Readers,

I will start by introducing myself, my name is Steven McLelan and I am the newly elected (March) President of the Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations/Conseil Canadien des Organismes de Motoneige (CCSO/CCOM). I am taking over the position from Kevin Sweetland that did an excellent job previous to me for 4 years. I live in Nova Scotia and started snowmobiling in 1969 on a 1967 Snow Cruiser (fast as a D6 and almost as heavy). My snowmobile area is mainly in Eastern Canada, putting on around 5000-8000 kilometers per season. Usually 70% of these kilometers are put on riding in Quebec, on FCMQ trails. To date I have not had the opportunity to snowmobile in the Prairie provinces or go mountain sledding yet, but look forward to doing both within the next few years.

The Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations is the national body for organized snowmobiling in Canada. With a mission statement of "Dedicated to providing leadership and support of safe, organized and environmentally responsible snowmobiling in Canada", the CCSO/CCOM serves as the umbrella group for all the snowmobile associations and federations in Canada. The CCSO/CCOM envisions a continuing, sustainable, legacy connecting snowmobile trail systems across Canada that exists in harmony with our environment for now and for our future generations to enjoy. The membership of the CCSO/CCOM Board consists of the 12 provincial and territorial associations. Each member organization has two representatives that constitute the Board of Directors with one vote per province/territory. Please check the CCSO/CCOM website to find out more about the organization.

The CCSO/CCOM is working hard behind the scene on some projects that are high priorities of our Board of Directors. Some of these projects include: providing a unified Canadian snowmobile safety messages (in both official languages), the completion of the Trans-Canadian Snowmobile Trail, and a National groomer replacement program,

I look forward to sending periodic messages from the CCSO/CCOM in future publications to keep you informed on what Canada's national body for organized snowmobiling is working on and how it will benefit snowmobilers and those that benefit from snowmobiling in Canada, until then:

Ride Safe, Ride Sober, Have Fun

Steven McLelan

President

Canadian Council of

Snowmobile Organizations

Edited by Mid Range

Good work Steven!!

Your hard work and dedication is appreciated by snowmobilers everywhere !!

Glad to be able to say I know the President!!

Keep up the Great work!!

Linda

Congratulations Steven!

Without people like you who volunteer their time, knowledge, expertise & passion, this sport that we all hold so dear would have been lost a long time ago. Best of luck in all your efforts!

I look forward to personally congratulating you at the gathering. Hope to see you there.

Best,

Tom

My state nears that of euphoria as I contemplate the fact that I have been privledged to ride the same trails in the company of such a dignitary as yourself, Steven. I well know that you may no longer be able to afford the common rider the benefits of your company, attributable to the many new responsibilities you are now undertaking. Don't in any way be dismayed by that fact........we'll be content to contiunue to cherish the fond memories.

On a more serious note: congrats. You'll do a great job. :drinks:

timbo

My state nears that of euphoria as I contemplate the fact that I have been privledged to ride the same trails in the company of such a dignitary as yourself, Steven. I well know that you may no longer be able to afford the common rider the benefits of your company, attributable to the many new responsibilities you are now undertaking. Don't in any way be dismayed by that fact........we'll be content to contiunue to cherish the fond memories.

On a more serious note: congrats. You'll do a great job. :drinks:

timbo

That reminded me of a Shakespearian play I was in when I attended high school! So well written I had to read it two or three times and savour every word! Not many of us ever learned to write like that Timbo!!

And yes...hopefully Steven will be able to free himself from his responsibilities and west coast riding adventure to run with us common folk!

Linda