St Come area

snowdogs

For Sure. Cold is what we need now. By mid week next week I expect much more progress on the trails. The ones open now and the ones still to be worked on both. Should be great.

Got a second hand report that the St Come club has so much snow they have been out with just the tractors and no drags trying to break out the trails.

Yes I believe it too, I had seen them do that before after very big storms.

Do you think the colder temps that are coming Sun - Wed will help with grooming? We are heading up on Wed.

I'm pretty sure that you will have unbelievable good conditions wednesday in the north of lanaudiere but by now St-Côme is not reported officially open yet on trails conditions web site. http://snowmobilecou...a/en/conditions

The web site have some updates daily. I know that Coin Lavigne trails and Notre-dame de la Merci is open actually.

Like Trailblazer wrote, it is a bit early for saddlebagging at the moment but not impossible if you seek for information carefully. The trail network will expand quickly in the next days...

I will be on the trails tomorroy and will give feed back soon

Alain

Thanks guys. I am taking someone that would like to get a picture on the swinging bridge near Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci ??. She has a picture of her dad crosing it back in the mid 90's and wants to get one of herself on it. Hopefully, we can get down there from St. Zenon

• 3 weeks later...

A rainy and mild day today at La Glacier...but a mini 'gathering'! Snowfarmer, lindasledgirl, Towing and spouses met up for lunch!

2 were not afraid of the rain and rode in....while the other 4 arrived via a very dry truck!

A wonderful meeting for sure! But a ride would have been nice. Lots of snow up here, but lots of rain today.

Thanks to Alain and Christine for joining us Ontarians for lunch!

Not many snowmobilers would have come out today...and even less women! This lady is my new hero! A pleasure to meet!!

Edited by lindasledgirl

A rainy and mild day today at La Glacier...but a mini 'gathering'! Snowfarmer, lindasledgirl, Towing and spouses met up for lunch!

2 were not afraid of the rain and rode in....while the other 4 arrived via a very dry truck!

A wonderful meeting for sure! But a ride would have been nice. Lots of snow up here, but lots of rain today.

A fine looking bunch

HI Pipeman,

I will have an idea tomorrow when we ride, but it is finally getting colder and rain has stopped.

Lots of snow here!

Thanks Trailblazer!! We had fun!!

Hi Andy!!

I was up at 5 am, outside its not raining...still dark lol and feels very cold. I think we can ride today. There is nobody here! A group from Southwestern Ontario, 45 min from where I live arrived last night for their first trip to Quebec! Small world!!

Snowfarmer has us booked into a real nice shack up here...I counted 4 hot tubs and three of those are outside! Big indoor heated pool, great food....wasn't hard to 'stay in' yesterday lol

Let's get this thaw over with and ride!

Linda

Trail report to follow!

Linda, we were thinking of making the trek up from Georgetown, Ont, this weekend for a few days of riding. We were thinking of going to Le Cabanon, but it sounds like le Glacier is working out pretty good for you. The 2 star rating kind of scared us off. Very interested to hear your trail report, and what the conditions are like after the rain and quick freeze.

We aren't staying at laglacier just had lunch there. Good food. We are at Auberge du vieux moulin.Had a good warm up ride today . Linda will post later.160 miles most trails we rode were being groomed or had been groomed. Still lots of snow in this area.

rotaryman, le Glaciere has new owners that took over the beginning of last winter so the 2 star rating may not apply. The new owners, Lionel and his wife who is a chef are doing a good job and the food is very good. The rooms are nothing fancy but they are warm and clean. I took two groups there last winter and no one had any complaints. If you go to the bar and like Crown Royal or any other mixed drink, ask for Mark's (or as the french spell it Marc's) 2 fingers of booze, this is not 2 adjacent fingers so it's more like 4 fingers. Lionel is a very friendly host. There is a covered sled parking area as well as a corral where you can park you truck and trailer. which gets blocked off so is relatively safe. The sled parking gets closed off fairly early in the evening but you can park outside your room, all rooms have exterior doors as well as interior hallway doors.

Lindasledgirl, it sounds like you are staying in one of the houses at the vieux, they are nice, stayed there last winter also, great place !

Linda, we were thinking of making the trek up from Georgetown, Ont, this weekend for a few days of riding. We were thinking of going to Le Cabanon, but it sounds like le Glacier is working out pretty good for you. The 2 star rating kind of scared us off. Very interested to hear your trail report, and what the conditions are like after the rain and quick freeze.

Georgetown!! I moved from Montreal to Georgetown in 1968!! Lived at 55 Windsor road.

I am staying in a 5 star place with great food and out door hot tubs, vieux du moulin? I as well stayed at Real Masse and it was a great place! Excellent food and a big room...;but you can get a cabin there too. Lots of good riding and great trails. I did go for ice scratchers today...we need some snow! Oh yes..look, its lightly snowing right now. I hope tomorrow will be good riding!

Get up here! Snow is on the way!

We will be leaving from a friends cottage near Gracefield. Plan is to stay up at Mekoos on Saturday night and the Auburge Lac Taureau on Sunday night. We may stay in the area for a couple of extra days if the Haute Gatineau trails don't open up. Looks like we will need to make sure we pack an extra layer with temps expected to plunge early next week. Ice scratchers likely a good idea....leaving the 800Etec at home and riding my new (to me) 1200 Renegade. Keeps us up to date on trail conditions...where did you travel today and how were the trails after the melt down?

I am in the St. Come, St. Zenon area and trails are frozen, groomed and we had a dusting of snow so far tonight. Still lots of snow here. Look for the member 'Mid Range' he knows everything about the Mekoos area riding and trails. There was some damage to trails with those back to back snow storms a while back. I love Mekoos!

Ho ! just seen your post linda...

this mini gathering was a real pleasure for us. So nice to meet you, Snowfarmer and your life's partners... we had a real great time !!!

DSC04887.jpg

too bad the weather ruined our riding plans together... maybe the next time... I was comforted to read that you managed to have some great riding time in the area despite this thaw.

Not many snowmobilers would have come out today...and even less women! This lady is my new hero! A pleasure to meet!!

it was not raining....just very very, very humid air !!! :rofl: :rofl:

DSC04876.jpg

:drinks:

Alain

Edited by towing