Eastern Townships whos riding ?

toys4dan

post-484-0-27277200-1356832690_thumb.jpgThe season looks to be off to a good start lets hope it lasts for awhile before we get a warm spell. Anyway I have not ridden in the townships since McDoo and me went in 2009, I know they have the snow, I live right on the border hoping to start from Bedford or Cowansville and head into Granby and maybe Valcourt, anyone riding in these areas let me know how the trails are. Thanks

post-484-0-27277200-1356832690_thumb.jpgThe season looks to be off to a good start lets hope it lasts for awhile before we get a warm spell. Anyway I have not ridden in the townships since McDoo and me went in 2009, I know they have the snow, I live right on the border hoping to start from Bedford or Cowansville and head into Granby and maybe Valcourt, anyone riding in these areas let me know how the trails are. Thanks

Another pic of McDoo and me back in 09, Lets Ride !!

post-484-0-04519100-1356833731_thumb.jpg

We haven't been across border yet, can't find update on new snow fall, some shows open from before new snow, but need new info since snow. Still snowing in the Derby Line - Norton area.

I think Quebecmountainrided posted they were grooming in the Magog area. We based a trip there in 2011 and there was beaucoup snow, good grooming and little traffic.

According to the french site the area is mostly open. There may be some water holes on 45 around Roxton Falls and 2 groomers are down in St-Hyacynth.

I read a little more - don't cross trails on lakes or river that are not staked yet. 3 1/2" ice as of 28 Dec.

Edited by actionjack

Crossed the border today and unloaded in Cowansville, was snowing very heavy and windy but warm 32 F. They have lots of snow but the base is thin and the creeks are open. Rode a total of 50 miles, some sleds out also lots of 4 wheelers, the trails criss cross with each other often, be careful. There is a beaver dam on 35N that is open but OK to cross. They need more snow and some colder temps, not bad for the Townships this early though. I am going further north tomorrow. Can't load pics, I'll try later.

• 1 year later...

I just purchased two season 14-15 passes for Canada. pointlaugh.gif$550+- US with the exchange rate. Although the web purchase was painless choosing the correct club to credit with the purchase was not so easy. IMO it could be explained a lot easier. After my frustration I chose a club associated with Thetford Mines as we often use that area as a destination for a single overnight trip when we choose to cross the border.

Here is hoping we have the snow and I have the time to make the purchase worthwhile.beer_cheers.gif

We had such a wonderful experience last year riding from Pittsburg to Riviere De Loup.

Hoping to do a number of day trips - Weedon & back, etc.

Think snow!84561-bobbynj66-albums-emots-picture1145

My two 2015 Canadian trail passes arrived today. The web purchase process was painless & effortless. With the snow falling in the many regions I am getting the itch. Braap…

Paddy O

• 2 months later...

Spent Friday 1/30 & Saturday 1/31- 2015 riding to & fro Pittsburg NH to Thetford Mines. Trails were spectacular aside from questionable signage and long stretches on roads. Fortunately we had snow coverage at the time we rode the roads but if we didn't I could see the sleds might have had some issues related to carbides, sliders and heating/cooling. It is disappointing some must have violated the rules thus the long stretches on roads in lieu of rolling fields.

Not sure where you had to ride the roads but Chartiersville (sp) to Weedon has traditionally been poorly signed. Due to a number of low/no snow years and low members/ridership, trails in that area have fallen into a state of near abandonment. Some locals ride them but the days of traffic out of Pittsburg going north went away when the price of passes went up, the exchange rate dropped, etc.

On the Vermont side, the trail to the border crossing in Derby has been closed 2-3yrs so you have to go to Norton or Beechers Falls to cross. We usually drive to Beauceville or St. Georges.

• 2 weeks later...