Chaudiere Rides

scorpionbowl

Well, after about a thousand miles around Monts Valin and the Saguenay region over the last week, I decided to head south in hopes of better conditions and less traffic. I arrived at Bernieres around 11am, so I had a few hours to burn before check in, so I headed out...

This may have been the best ride I've ever been on, and conditions are like end of January. Every square inch of the 130 miles I ran was groomed to perfection. On top of that, a few inches of powder. No rocks, no dirt, no sticks or grass anywhere, no traffic, and no bumps. And I covered blue, green, and orange trails. I Made decisions at each turn based on distance, and every trail was perfect.

The types of trails varied from long and fast rail beds, to fields, to various woods and sugar bushes. The easy access gas stop was closed on Sunday, so I thought I would need the Jerry can to make it, but happened to get a gas stop at 120 miles. I took over 38 liters, I didn't think that was possible on the XP, isn't the tank 38.6?

Two more days on the trail around here...

Another perfect day. Some drifting in the fields, but everything groomed to perfection, which was surprising given the holiday. Traffic was very light...too many hangovers I guess.

We've packed up and will head out west where conditions are supposed to pristine. I hope it's not a mistake, it's not going to be easy to get better conditions than the C-A right now...

Well, after about a thousand miles around Monts Valin and the Saguenay region over the last week, I decided to head south in hopes of better conditions and less traffic. I arrived at Bernieres around 11am, so I had a few hours to burn before check in, so I headed out...

This may have been the best ride I've ever been on, and conditions are like end of January. Every square inch of the 130 miles I ran was groomed to perfection. On top of that, a few inches of powder. No rocks, no dirt, no sticks or grass anywhere, no traffic, and no bumps. And I covered blue, green, and orange trails. I Made decisions at each turn based on distance, and every trail was perfect.

The types of trails varied from long and fast rail beds, to fields, to various woods and sugar bushes. The easy access gas stop was closed on Sunday, so I thought I would need the Jerry can to make it, but happened to get a gas stop at 120 miles. I took over 38 liters, I didn't think that was possible on the XP, isn't the tank 38.6?

Two more days on the trail around here...

Nice pics! Looking to lodge up there next month with my son-where is a great base camp for day trips-will be there for 4 days.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I drove down thru yesterday (Tuesday) via Quebec City to St. George to Maine. I thought snow conditions and trails (viewed from the truck) looked pretty good, with the exception of Beauceville/St. George area to the Maine border. that latter area had groomed trails but only looked to be about 6 inches of snow on the ground. Rest of the areas looked to be one to one and a half feet of good snow. Hope that helps.

mike

I drove down thru yesterday (Tuesday) via Quebec City to St. George to Maine. I thought snow conditions and trails (viewed from the truck) looked pretty good, with the exception of Beauceville/St. George area to the Maine border. that latter area had groomed trails but only looked to be about 6 inches of snow on the ground. Rest of the areas looked to be one to one and a half feet of good snow. Hope that helps.

mike

Thanks for the update Mike-Looking to head up there next week-looks like the snow depth is better as you head east of the maine/jackman border-would like to have some first hand ride reports from someone-thinking a good starting point would be in Lac Etchemin or should we start further east?

Edited by Speedy

Still of concern is the Rimouski/Riviere du Loup areas are still not listing the trails as 'good' on the FMCQ site.

Thanks Mike, I think we will wait til next weekend and give it a chance for more things turn from fair to good.

NSHM

I see RDL is now listed as 'good' riding! May head up Sunday??

mike

Mike- two of us are planning to head over the Lac Etchemin area on Tues-ride some loops over towards St Pamphile-keep us posted on trail conditions as you head over-also if your in the area next week let me know-we can hook up to ride.